WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve.
What we have to offer:
• Competitive compensation package.
• Various Learning and Development initiatives, and opportunities to grow within our team!
• Opportunity to participate in company events and activities and enjoy our company perks!
What you’ll do:
• Assist with various accounting duties including balancing cash and cheques, preparing daily bank deposits, handling of post-dated cheques, preparing bank reconciliations, entering monthly capital entries, and more.
• Accurately key accounts receivable sub-ledger entries and related general journal entries,
• Prepare reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts.
• Aid in the completion of month end and year end processes.
• Complete the monthly cash over and short report.
• Provide back up and support for various positions and functions.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Grade 12, plus minimum 1 year of post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
• Computer data entry or experience with computerized accounting programs is considered an asset.
• Telephone or other customer service related experience is considered an asset.
• Ability to manage and safeguard large influxes of cash; Banking or experience in handling cash transactions, daily balancing, or recording of cash is considered an asset.
• Computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel or similar software.
• Superior, unquestionable ethical standards with ability to handle confidential information.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier free environment at Westman Communications Group and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any point during recruitment process or would like to request this posting in an alternate format, please indicate by emailing email@example.com of the accommodation requirements. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.