Advanced Concepts Lead
ATB VenturesCanada4 months ago
ATB Ventures: Putting the future in the hands of our customers
An extension of ATB Financial, the ATB Ventures was started back in 2018, knowing that the convergence of data with powerful emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, and machine learning would pave the way for major disruption and value creation that exceeded the digital transformation of the past 20 years.
Today, ATB Ventures is a team of engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business operators who having been building emerging solutions from scratch - including Open ATB> Open AI, Open Data, API Sandbox, Oliu (Self-Sovereign Digital ID platform), Proof (Digital credential wallet) and more.
After 2 years of many great accomplishments and interesting challenges, we’re looking for a creative visionary who has the drive to anticipate, ideate and prove out future concepts. An inspiring leader adept at driving a multidisciplinary team to turn loosely-defined ideas into proven concepts through ideation to prototypes. A world-class collaborator, comfortable at working alongside an engineer or a UI designer or a data scientist. Familiar with the ever-changing technological landscape and the never-changing nature of human psychology.
About the role | What we are looking for...
ATB Ventures is looking for an Advanced Concepts Team Lead to join the Innovation Lab to help accelerate the lab’s edge experimentation and contribute to the innovation portfolio and pipeline. In this role, you will lead a cross functional and interdisciplinary team through rapid idea exploration: ideation, proof of concepts and prototyping.
As a Lead on the Advanced Concepts team, you’ll be responsible for envisioning, exploring, owning and driving major first-generation products and experiences that fit into the broader Innovation portfolio. You will use your product, design and UX knowledge to rapidly and systematically unlock innovation. As you prove out concepts and get buy-in from stakeholders, you’ll ready those concepts for the new product development team to build out.
Summary of responsibilities | What you will be responsible for day-to-day...
- Lead a cross functional, multidisciplinary team to prove out ideas by developing proof-of-concepts and prototypes utilizing Design Sprints.
- Work independently and as a team member to research and identify potential opportunities/ideas.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ideate to create a portfolio of opportunities to explore.
- Work with world-class engineers and designers to create tactical prototypes ranging from UI mock-ups to physical hardware to functional apps.
- Test prototypes with customers: Use qualitative and quantitative methodologies to validate prototypes with customers, then curate feedback to iterate and refine product vision..
- Drive internal alignment against a final decision point, then ready the concept for development by documenting all artifacts into one formal blueprint that can be easily digested by various stakeholders.
- Pitch findings from proof-of-concepts and prototypes to senior leadership.
- As a teammate at ATB Financial, you will agree to uphold our values and Code of Conduct.
Helpful skills & experience | What we're looking for in the ideal candidate…
- Technical or Creative/Arts Degree (Engineering, Science, Design) or from a related field at an accredited college or university.
- 4+ years of experience in new product development with a focus on early stage concepts.
- Ability to craft a vision around a product, build alignment and prove out a solution.
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of qualitative product research techniques.
- Understanding of various ideation techniques and ability to lead a group through the ideation process.
- Experience designing products and solutions for a diverse customer base.
- Experience leading teams in a collaborative fashion
- Self-starter, with the ability to establish OKRs, KPIs, milestones and keep projects on task.
- Nice to have: Developing POCs or Prototypes utilizing Design Sprints.
- Bonus points if you’ve built a startup, can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects and/or have experience with human interface/human UX
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.As one of Canada's best places to work we also offer all of our team an excellent package. You can find full details of our benefits package by clicking here but some of the highlights of our package include:
- Access to a flex benefit program including medical, dental, and prescriptions through the Alberta Blue Cross.
- Team member mortgage rates available upon commencement.
- Discounted rates and fees on MasterCard products as well as other ATB products
- Access to ATB's flexible pension plan.
- Opportunities for career progression down defined paths within our organization.
ATB Ventures offers a unique opportunity for creatives, innovators, and engineers alike to invent and reinvent how we experience technology. We provide the ability to work on talented, anti-disciplinary teams that rapidly are experimenting with ideas, products, and technologies whilst being immersed in a culture that brings the best of both the banking and start-up worlds. Imagine excellent benefits, banking perks, opportunities for career advancement, and being at the forefront of the future – now you’re talking about a career with an organization and team that enables you to grow!