Analyst, Business Operations
Verto HealthToronto, ON6 days ago
Imagine knowing the work you do is changing the face of the healthcare system in Canada. That’s what we do every day at Verto Health, create technology solutions that facilitate access to quality healthcare regardless of geographic location.
Who we are
Verto Health’s Digital Twin platform supports virtual care, streamlines data collection, allows for coordination between healthcare facilities, and acts as a patient engagement hub. Founded in 2017, our goal is to bring Canadian Healthtech to the global stage. Our mission is to build software that delivers improved patient outcomes and experience.
In September 2020, we partnered with McMaster HealthLabs (MHL) to use our technology to facilitate a pilot project to test thousands of travellers a day arriving in Canada for COVID-19. As a result of this successful pilot, and renewed commitment from Air Canada and the GTAA, we’re excited to respond to the demand for well-managed, secure, rapid testing. Read more about the pilot project here.
We are growing our team so we can expand our impact. We are hiring people who share our passion for improving care access, cost and quality using technology.
Who we need
We are searching for an Analyst, Business Operations. This is an opportunity to join us during an exciting period of growth and create your own future. A new or recent grad, you are looking for an opportunity to see and apply the academic and theoretical concepts you have only read about. You will learn-on-the-job as you analyze, support, implement, and maintain procedures and processes to optimize our finance, operations, and administrative functions. You will play a critical role in enabling cross-functional teams across Verto to do their best work and connecting strategy to action to outcomes!
What's in it for you
Purpose. Our passion for sustainability and innovation fuels our desire to build software that tackles healthcare's significant inefficiencies, including chronic care management, care virtualization, and personalized patient experiences. Everyone who works here is driven by the desire to make a difference. You will be part of our mission and our culture.
Exposure. We are a scaling startup operating in HealthTech - a unique sector in Canada. You will have the opportunity to work across all teams and levels of the company, gaining insights into the business operations, processes, and strategies. This is a broad line of sight and an unbelievable opportunity for someone curious and motivated to understand a technology product organization's inner workings and roles.
Career development. You will be mentored by our CFO, whose professional superpower is vision building. You will be supported in your growth, from onboarding to exploring your strengths and interests. You will be part of a company that rewards and recognizes merit and creates new opportunities for advancement.
How you will make an impact:
- Maintain and optimize operational policies, processes, and workflows. You will map, document, and update: monthly and quarterly board, management, and financial reporting and reconciliations, onboarding and orientation, employee engagement including monthly Town Halls, performance, project, resource, and expense management, business strategy and planning & Investor Pipeline Management.
- Application support. You will provide support for key applications and tools, including: finance and contract management, resource planning and management, including time tracking, project management, and document and knowledge management.
- Support upcoming strategic projects. You will help coordinate the implementation of new systems and solutions across all teams and functions.
What you bring
- The education and experience. You have a Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field. You have worked in an operations or project team role, coordinating and supporting core functions within Finance, IT, or Project Management. You have experience bringing service and value to business operations with hands-on ability in mapping, documenting, implementing and maintaining processes and policies.
- The drive. You want to jumpstart your career with a growing company and see the long term impact of your work. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter how big or small. You can work independently and effectively in a fast-paced (remote) environment, juggling several projects with a spirit of flexibility and a positive outlook.
- The collaboration skills. You can build relationships across any organization level and have outstanding oral, written, reporting, and presentation skills.
- The analytical mindset. You have excellent judgment and can make thoughtful decisions as a creative problem solver. You are detail-oriented, highly organized with a pragmatic approach, and can prioritize competing deliverables.
- The heroics. You have a professional superpower. It could be the ability to focus on the user experience above all else like our Director of Product, Mahmoud, or Kristy our VP Clinical Implementations relationship building finesse, or our CEO Michael's ability to know precisely when you are having fun (which you should be) and when you aren't.
Our culture, our team
Our Founder and CEO firmly believes that helping transform healthcare with technology should be fun and Nerd friendly and if you share that belief, you are going to love working here. We are a team of 30+ passionate Health Informaticians and Technologists enthusiastically and tirelessly helping more than 50 hospitals, clinics, and long-term care facilities deliver improved patient outcomes and patient experience. We take a team approach to everything we do, with transparency and access across the board. If you have a question, anyone here is ready to answer it.
Need help? We've got you covered. Looking to explore another domain of the company or technology? We promote from within and support your growth with in-house developed education and pathways.
Our diversity is our strength and we are proud to enable a work culture that encourages people to laugh, have fun, and build relationships, while maintaining a work-life balance. At Verto, we are redefining what it means to be passionate about healthcare: We are Bold, Impactful, Transparent, Trustworthy, and Effective.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and you know you can make a difference, we encourage you to express your interest. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Verto Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.