Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and an inspiration destination for over a hundred million people every year. We're empowering creatives around the world to make a living doing what they love. Our mission is to provide support at every stage of a creative's journey; whether that's freelancing, selling their physical and digital goods, or being hired by some of the world's leading design-forward companies.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Dribbble - you get to do both, as part of a 30+ person team, working on one of the world's top 1000 websites. We're searching for someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback and exhibits strong attention to detail to join our engineering team.
At Dribbble, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across North America. We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We've seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
About the role:
We’re looking for an Analytics Engineer to help build Dribbble’s data platform, using tools from the modern data stack such as dbt, Snowflake, Metabase, Snowplow, Dagster, and Iteratively. At Dribbble, the data team exists to provide accurate, timely, and insightful reporting to stakeholders throughout the organization, as well as create value through various data science initiatives.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will work directly with our Director of Data as part of a small team to further build our self-serve data platform by following software engineering best practices such as version control and continuous integration, developing intuitive, tested, and documented data models, and creating reliable dashboards.
You will collaborate with our Engineering team to define tracking requirements and ensure we have access to the data we need. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Leadership teams to empower them to use our data to gain insights and inform their decisions.
This is an exciting opportunity to further build the analytics engineering function at Dribbble!
As an Analytics Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Delivering well-defined, transformed, tested, documented, and code-reviewed data sets.
- Developing and maintaining dashboards to provide insights and drive business decisions.
- Managing the integration of tracking requirements for new products and features, by working closely with cross-functional product teams.
- Identifying valuable data sources and automating the collection process using ETL tools (i.e. Fivetran, Stitch, etc.) or writing custom pipelines in Python (we use Dagster!).
- Creating and maintaining data documentation and definitions to ensure that everyone in the organization uses consistent definitions when referring to Monthly Active Users, Monthly Recurring Revenue, etc.
We believe it's important for you to have:
- Excellent knowledge of SQL. You have experience querying large and complex data sets using SQL. You know how to structure a query to be efficient and easily understandable. Knowledge of dbt and how to structure complex logic into a DAG of data models is a strong plus.
- Strong data wrangling skills. You are able to clean, transform, join, and enrich even the most untidy data sets. You know how to structure data in a way that will facilitate analysis.
- Knowledge of Python. You should be familiar with Python and have experience writing programs that are tested and version-controlled (i.e. git).
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills. You can easily communicate complex and technical topics; you have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You come up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays - and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Retirement plans: to help you save for the future.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte - it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.