Points is looking for a API Specialist to join our Delivery team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
You will be part of a team that is continuously reshaping how consumers get more value from their loyalty programs. You are a smart, enthusiastic person with an interest in working with the world’s largest and most successful loyalty programs.
As an API Platform Specialist you will play a key role in new and existing implementations of integrations to our partners. Together with your team, you will help the world’s loyalty programs by configuring, customizing and deploying new solutions on their behalf. Leveraging your outstanding attention to detail, quality and communication skills you will identify, implement, test and deploy these solutions.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Integrations you will:
- Participate in technical integration planning and pre-sales discussions with loyalty program partners and application developers to analyze integration and web service requirements.
- Develop integration solutions based on Loyalty Program Requirements.
- Implement new integrations for our Loyalty Program Partners by developing and configuring Points’ platforms.
- Gathering requirements by working directly with our Loyalty Program Partners & Internal Stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate, across many channels, your progress with your team & stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot code and configuration issues in all managed environments (test and production).
- Basic understanding of internet security protocols and technologies (SSL, PKI, etc).
- Experience with QA methodologies (Manual and Automated) and tools.
- Experience in a managed solution or SaaS environment.
- Knowledge of version control systems like GitHub.
- Experience in development language Python, Java or other (nice to have)
- Experiences with SQL databases such as Oracle or PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases like CouchDB (nice to have)