ValeyoToronto, ON16 days ago
Who we are
Valeyo is a leading Canadian-based solutions provider to the financial services industry. In addition to being a leader in loan origination technology, we are a trusted distributor for industry-leading carriers and service providers across Canada. Our partners' products strengthen our proprietary technologies and expand our suite of lending and insurance solutions. With more than 40 years of business excellence behind us, Valeyo unites a diverse group of insurance, technology, business, and marketing professionals with a common purpose: to help our clients thrive through strong partnerships. Through the combination of our services-driven vision and distribution expertise, we can push further and faster to provide our clients with a broader range of financial solutions for their customers.
As an organization, we subscribe to the concept of winning as a team, working together, and implementing the best ideas put forward. Guided by our core values of accountability, partner-centricity, teamwork & collaboration, results-orientation, integrity, and passion, we take a unified approach to achieving our shared purpose: accelerating our success and that of our clients by building better businesses.
Who we need
At Valeyo, we are building a new cloud-based InsurTech product. To that end, we are looking for an Application Architect to guide the design and the proofs-of-concept, playing an essential role in the build of new Azure products based on infrastructure-as-code. In addition, you will collaborate with and mentor the Agile team and lead the documentation to ensure every detail and process is in place for a successful build, lending your own creativity, insights, and hands-on expertise.
Who you are
You are a Senior Software Engineer or Engineering Lead with advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems. You may be coming from a large financial institution with a limited tech stack and red tape limiting your creativity. Ideally, you have exposure providing day-to-day guidance as part of an Agile team, or you are looking for an opportunity to expand your people-leadership skills. You thrive in a role where you can provide valuable suggestions and solutions in software development, use, and maintenance. You have a passion for innovation and championing best practices. You are a meticulous thinker who can effectively work out all the details when presented with big ideas. You can take feedback constructively and iterate on ideas and solutions from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions.
What's in it for you
Ownership, autonomy, and impact. You want to be part of building something new with excellent visibility across a national organization to help transform an industry. You will have the chance to research, test, and introduce new tools and approaches while working with bleeding-edge infrastructure as code for Azure-based products. This is an opportunity to come up to speed on our existing solutions rapidly and the clients we work with as you design, document, and develop a leading cloud-native application. You will play a critical role on the Agile Scrum team, prioritizing tasks, removing roadblocks, and taking ownership of deliverables.
What you will do
- Oversee the design process for application software. You will play a critical role in developing a new cloud-native product and rebuilding existing products on Azure, focusing on the integrations for partners, clients, and carriers and working with vendors. You will build models and prototypes, evaluating potential risks and defects, reiterating designs for resilience, and customizing them for specific business requirements.
- Create technical documents. You will produce documents relating to application architecture and define and document guidelines and standards for cloud-native applications. You will design steps, integration processes, and testing procedures relating to each product developed. You will ensure clarity around workflow and best practices are embedded in the documentation to support the installation and maintenance of application software.
- Prioritize security. You will provide solutions in areas of disaster recovery, data integrity, and security.
- R&D. You will evaluate and recommend software technologies for cloud architecture, evaluate alternatives and analyze problems with data infrastructures.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with the Product Manager and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them for the architecture. You will provide technical expertise and training to the Agile team as a key participant in the Scrum meetings and daily work.
What you bring
- The education and experience. You may have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. You have 7+ years of hands-on experience designing solutions and full-stack development in modern technologies for large enterprise technology platforms and systems. You have an in-depth understanding of design and production procedures as well as standards to create prototypes and finished products that are customized to suit a range of business cases.
- The technical skills. You have experience with architecture for the cloud, .NET and Angular. You have hands-on experience ensuring the seamless integration of new and existing systems and maintaining data structure and integrity. You can create custom solutions for various systems and architectures.
- The Agile approach. You have experience working within an agile software development process, specifically with Scrum and backlog management tools. You thrive in an evolving environment and stepping up to different challenges every day. You are highly collaborative and can work cross-functionally with stakeholders, product managers, architects, developers, and end-users.
- The leadership. You can lead the work of a Development team; guiding the application software design, development, testing, and implementation.
- The communication skills. You have strong oral and written skills. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine a solution. You can explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience. You can participate and lead group requirement sessions with confidence and conciseness.
The Valeyo Way:
Through collaboration and innovation, everything we do at Valeyo is focused on people - those we help and those we hire.
It's #thevaleyoway to empower our people with autonomy to make decisions that align with our values, to treat each other with compassion focusing on what we can accomplish as a team; and to recognize our individual and collective efforts.
We share a passion and drive for success and are a proudly diverse team. Embracing our differences enhances everything we are involved in from our social awareness as an organization, to our creative problem solving, to the communities we support.
We offer our team the best of both worlds: a fast-paced, innovative FinTech environment and an established organization. This includes:
- A healthy, fulfilling work-life balance through a flexible hybrid work model, a Health and Personal Spending Account. Plus the comprehensive benefits and perks of a financially stable organization including Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a generous paid-time-off policy including vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day and statutory holidays.
- A continuously evolving people-first environment that takes time to have some fun (virtual team building events including scavenger hunts, charity drives, FitBit challenges, photo challenges, and virtual social events, including team lunches, and once we're able to safely do so, awesome potlucks, costume competitions, and karaoke battles) while providing access to professional development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs.
- A bigger than us outlook. Every year we offer $1000 grants to students who are credit union members. It's just one of the ways we support financial opportunity and growth beyond our virtual walls and in the community.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Valeyo is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Valeyo will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation requests.