Application Delivery Specialist
Prince George, BC
This position can be performed from multiple communities and the location of the position is negotiable. An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Natural Resource Information & Digital Services (NRIDS) is the information management/information technology (IM/IT) service provider and organizational partner to the Natural Resource Ministries (NRM). As the centralized authority for all information, geospatial data, and technology across the NRM, NRIDS is leading the transformation and modernization of business practices through new and innovative technology solutions, continuous improvement projects and operational IM/IT solutions. NRIDS provides broad information management services and leadership in data custodianship by way of the creation, maintenance and publication of foundational datasets and geospatial information.
Applications Delivery leads and manages the installation and migration of new applications and the deployment of patches and upgrades to existing applications for the Natural Recourse Sector (NRS). We provide technical expertise and guidance to software vendors, Ministry Portfolio Managers and clients.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, or certification in computer science or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience deploying and resolving issues related to complex client/server and/or web-based applications.
- Experience deploying and resolving issues related to complex COTS applications.
- Experience in deploying web-based applications using Jenkins, Ansible, Maven and/or Artifactory.
- Experience with Linux, Windows and/or Solaris servers.
For more information and to apply online by February 28, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/95958