Shaw CommunicationsCalgary3 days ago
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
The ideal candidate for this role requires an understanding of software development and IT operations processes to help build and maintain automated processes for provisioning infrastructure, application deployment and related operational processes, as well as to provide technical leadership with a hands-on approach. The role is supporting development teams guiding them on software delivery automation. You are detail-oriented, love coding, and have a passion to help build great products. More importantly, though, you are eager to learn!
Activities in the role include:
• Develop and enhance CI/CD infrastructure
• Build and manage system environments with infrastructure-as-code
• Design and implement reliable monitoring and alerting
• Develop software and software fixes to integrate internal systems. Ensure code quality, test and distribute code updates, and monitor the health and stability of the application and underlining infrastructure.
• Have excellent coding and scripting skills and experience with implementing high-scale architectures using modern, cloud-based container platforms (PaaS/SaaS)
• Be experienced delivering complex leading-edge solutions with the ability to dive in and out of the details when needed
• Be experienced with VMWare, Kubernetes, Linux Containers, and/or Docker is preferred
• Be experienced with build automation frameworks and pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Spinnaker, Terraform, etc.
A typical day
• You’ll work with product teams to spread DevOps mindset and increase collaboration and productivity
• You’ll provide expert advice in implementation and operation of Container-based applications
• Work closely with Architecture, Development, Quality teams to develop cutting edge solutions
• You’ll document tools, processes, and procedures for effective collaboration and communication
• You’ll bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around you
• You’ll bring a positive attitude that fosters productivity in a team setting
• You’ll build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a welcoming, transparent, and effective workplace
• You’ll advise Tech Leads and developers of various teams on assessment of existing problems and development of process improvement solutions; ensure efficient coordination of technical and administrative resources; and ensure coordination with other internal and/or external partners
• You’ll develop processes, implement process improvements, evaluate technical solutions
• You’ll identify bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes
• You’ll maintain and grow knowledge of platform configuration management and troubleshooting
• You’ll participate in deploying application artifacts to appropriate target environments using the supported technologies and infrastructure
• You’ll survey developers and technical members of the organization to understand their main pain points in the coding and development process
• You’ll support the development of a culture that is customer-centric, collaborative, risk-embracing, and entrepreneurial
• Solid working knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows operating system
• 5 + years’ experience with a variety of: Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell
• Experience with configuration management frameworks including Puppet, Chef, Ansible, ect.
• Experience with modern Software Development Lifecycle practices, included automated testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery as well as relevant tools and technologies (eg: Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check.
Posting closing date:
March 8, 2021