Application Support Engineer
MedStackRemote2 months ago
We strive to make healthcare better for all by making it easier for digital health innovators to succeed.
Who we are:
MedStack is on a mission to transform the process of healthcare innovation. Our company is an award-winning startup backed by prominent VCs and is a successful graduate of 500 Startups, the Creative Destruction Lab, and the DMZ Sales Accelerator. We've been named a TechCrunch Top Pick, one of Canada's Top 20 early-stage technology companies by CIX, and one of the Top 50 digital health disruptors in Canada by PwC and CB Insights.
Our business is a subscription-based platform, but we are also an ecosystem, a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. We embrace automation, collaboration, startup empowerment, creative problem-solving, and putting our users' needs first. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world's biggest problem: making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective, at a time when the world needs it more than ever before.
Privacy and security requirements are among the most significant barriers for companies looking to build digital health applications. The strict requirements that hospitals, insurance companies, public health, clinic networks, and patient populations (all their potential clients) must adhere to create overwhelming obstacles preventing the healthtech industry from truly taking off and making a positive revolutionizing change. At MedStack, we set out to solve this seemingly impossible situation. Over the past two years, we've built and released our new product, MedStack Control, a turnkey compliance solution designed to help healthcare innovators scale their applications quickly and earn the trust of healthcare enterprises, thanks to MedStack's out-of-the-box, proven privacy and security compliance guarantees.
Who we need:
We are looking for a customer-focused problem solver with a passion for digging into technical issues to take on the critical position of our first dedicated Application Support Engineer. So much more than just answering tickets all day, this is an exciting opportunity to gain insights into our technology and work at the forefront of cloud product infrastructure on time-sensitive, complex technical issues. Our customers are other tech companies and you will get to work directly with their development teams to make recommendations for fixes and document solutions. Your work will directly impact the current and future state of our product.
What's in it for you:
The impact. Every day, you will sit down and know that you are supporting technology that matters. You will be professionally rewarded knowing that you are part of our mission to enable the continued innovation and improvement in health care.
The work-life balance. You will appreciate being part of a small - but scaling - company, where not only can you get your hands dirty working on customer solutions, you can shut down at a respectable hour and have a fulfilling life after business hours.
The growth. You want to learn everything you can about a product that is making life easier for startups and the cloud infrastructure it is built on. With limitless possibilities on where to take your career here, you want to be part of a company that focuses on people development, innovation, and collaboration. This is the chance to jumpstart your career at a small but scaling company that prioritizes work-life balance.
How you will make a difference:
- Successful resolution of customer issues. You will provide professional frontline technical support to the technology teams of our customers. You will manage requests and provide service via phone, email, or remote channel, analyzing problems, re-creating and testing solutions, and providing resolutions within our pre-determined SLA.
- Enhancement of product knowledge. You will increase your understanding of our solution to become a subject matter expert. You will play a key role educating our users on the product, adding to the shared knowledge of our communities. You will contribute to the enhancement of our processes and our product through observation and customer feedback.
- Collaboration. You will work with Product Engineering and Customer Success teams on pre-sales function inquiries, repeated issues, and escalations. You will grow into a position where you can coach newer team members.
What you bring:
- The drive to learn. You are action-oriented. You are continuously seeking knowledge and opportunities to try and test new tools, technologies, and approaches.
- The self-direction. You can independently own and meet your deliverables, and you are equally comfortable working across domains as part of a small, collaborative, remote team.
- The ownership. You’ve never met a technical problem you couldn’t solve by digging into deep research, trying, testing, and connecting with peers. You take pride in helping people engage with technology.
- The customer service. Whether you have direct B2B SaaS tech support or have experience in another busy customer-facing environment, you have exceptional levels of empathy and patience. You have outstanding communication skills and can work closely with technical audiences.
- The education and the experience. You have a degree or diploma in a technology field. You have hands-on experience using Docker (either self-taught or on the job) and you have worked on side projects such as building applications for personal interest. You have experience in tech support or as part of a development team.
Why we think you'd like it here.
MedStack is a remote-first company. And while that may not be a distinction now, it's the way we have always operated. This translates to having the processes, technology, and understanding in place to nurture a collaborative remote work environment with an exceptional work-life balance.
We meet (virtually) as a team at the end of every week to celebrate our wins, acknowledge milestones, showcase what we've each accomplished, tackle challenges, and learn from each other.
Diversity and inclusion are not mere words on paper to us. We have stringent guidelines and bold objectives.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits and vacation packages, and the choice to partake in the company's employee stock option plan. There is no better time to come into an early-stage award-winning company with a strong brand that is redefining an industry.
We are a company with a developer mindset and extremely high specificity, accuracy, and quality standards. Our core product is digital security infrastructure. Everything from our team processes to our brand reflects a culture of facts-first, entrepreneurship vs. the status quo, celebrating our customers' success before ours, and collaboration and openness. If you share our way of thinking and want to play an integral role in impacting health tech and health care, apply to express your interest.