About the role
magicplan is one of global leading construction and floor plan apps, with over 500,000 downloads per month, 4.8 rating in App store, with more than 50 international employees working in offices in Munich, Nantes and Montreal. It is our goal to disrupt the processes and product chains around construction, restoration, real estate and property management all over the world.
With our floor plan creation app we have developed a unique world understanding. The combination of Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence enables on-site data acquisition, categorization and processing for both B2B and B2C customers. The possibilities of AR and AI are endless - and we’re already harnessing their technological power today.
As part of our continued global success, we’re looking for an AR / AI Software Engineer to join our amazing Research & Development team based in our Montréal office.
What you'll do
In this role you will basically work closely together with different departments.
With our development team you will maintain magicplan capture features for iOS in coming magicplan app releases.
Together with our Research team you will integrate new AI based features from the early stages of POC up to the productization inside magicplan.
Last but not least, with our Design team you will implement the future 2D and 3D GUIs necessary to a good user experience during the capture.
Long story short:
- Work on integrating our AI technology into iOS AR experiences
- Collaborate with our mobile engineers and AI engineers on developing novel ways of using AI in AR applications
- Create new AR experiences together with our Design team powered by on-device AI
We are looking for a talented and passionate iOS Mobile Engineer with interest in Augmented Reality but there are a few things you need to have.
- 4+ years of experience in iOS development
- Experience in building AR apps on iOS
- Experience in building 3D environments on mobile
- Basic knowledge in the computer graphic, projective geometry, 3D rendering and AR Camera fundamentals including Camera Intrinsics and Extrinsics, as well as anchor points
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C and Swift programming languages. Objective-C++ would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of ARKit, Core ML
- Strong experience with Unity
Great Work-Life Balance: Juggling career, family, and social life can be challenging! We have flexible work hours (as long as you start after 9am).
Holidays / PTO: 20 vacation days on top of federal holidays!
Flat hierarchies: Short decision-making paths and direct cooperation with leadership. No micro-management, clear and transparent
Support in your development: Learning is a lifelong pursuit, we promise to treat it like one. We offer you a yearly development budget about plus extra days off and of course the opportunity to learn from each other.
Purpose and Responsibility: A job shouldn't just be a job! At magicplan, you have the opportunity to take on responsibility, work on exciting projects, and make an impact.
Job Stability: We offer permanent contracts and a safe work environment where you can focus on your professional and personal goals.
Health & Wellbeing: Comprehensive health, vision and dental packages for eligible employees
Culture: We are an International team across four countries