Associate Product Manager
East Side GamesWe are remote!15 days ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN AN ASSOCIATE PRODUCT MANAGER HAVE AT ESG?
Understanding how to measure and optimize a product’s success is important work that takes analytical thinking, creative insight, and a keen understanding of production. As an Associate Product Manager on the IdleKit team, you’ll help define why our portfolio of games perform as well as they do, co-developing a collection of best practices that will inform current and future development. This is a great opportunity for someone with a little game development experience who is eager to enter product management.
What is IdleKit?
IdleKit is Eastside Games core technology platform that enables our internal games and external partnership games. The IdleKit team operates as an independent business unit that productizes our platform and actively publishes new games under the Eastside Games brand.
We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reports to the IdleKit Senior PM
- Develop documentation for best practices based on case studies
- Evaluate product KPIs and discuss product trends with the Senior PM
- Work with IdleKit Analysts to develop and share data insights from our portfolio of products
- Keep current with market trends for mobile games
- Gather quantitative data from the Analytics team and our in-house dashboards
- Gather qualitative data from game reviews, Community team feedback, and social media
- Work alongside the IdleKit Senior PM, developing strategic recommendations for our product roadmap
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 1-3 years of experience product management or an equivalent combination of skills
- Proficient in Excel / Google Sheets
- Familiar with PowerPoint / Google Slides
- Experience working with data analysts, product designers, and project managers
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Understanding of the mobile market and a general enthusiasm for mobile gaming desired
- Someone who enjoys games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
- Driven by long-term projects that tackle the toughest engineering problems
- Empathic, compassionate and curious
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We’re also a remote-first studio and encourage all applications!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together!