We are expanding our world-class team of change makers and we want you to join our team!
Who we are
Manifest Climate is a leading SaaS climate risk planning (CRP) solution built by climate experts to guide companies through the climate transformation.
We are a company driven by leading experts with a passion to make an impact. If you are a forward-thinker and strategic doer, interested in purpose-driven work that helps real-world decision-makers and influencers, we think you'd like it here.
Who you are
Working closely with the head of development, Engineers, and the Data Science team, we are looking for an experienced AWS DevOps Engineer to build, manage, safeguard and monitor Manifest Climate's AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
Joining us now is a genuine opportunity to play a mission-critical role as we work towards SOC 2 compliance and continue to launch high-quality, high-availability products and features.
What's in it for you
Make an impact. If you want to channel your passion for climate consciousness into your daily work - while working on challenging and rewarding technical projects, this is the opportunity you've been looking for. You will have the chance to apply your expertise to build out our DevOps stack and make recommendations based on best practices to define and roll out a framework (Security, Monitoring, and Disaster Recovery) that enables us to be SOC 2 compliant.
Learn and grow. Manifest Climate operates at the leading edge of climate change intelligence and risk planning, innovation and strategic business opportunity. You will play a role in our collective effort to excel in everything we do. You are comfortable in ambiguity and will thrive in a dynamic and agile environment that encourages everyone to act with a sense of leadership, autonomy and radical responsibility.
Your next steps here are open and may include deepening your technical scope or growing into a people leader in the next few years while increasing your sector and your technical knowledge.
How you will make a difference:
- Collaborate. You will interact with the Development and Data Science teams to eliminate barriers and effectively return production and test environment feedback. You will work closely with them on the provision, configuration, and maintenance of AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Disaster recovery. You will help keep production and our various environments running smoothly, troubleshooting issues across services and functional areas. You will implement and test disaster recovery responses.
- Defend the perimeter. Security and privacy are and will always be our primary concerns as a global company. You will be part of a team rapidly responding to issues and protecting our systems and users by designing and implementing our security controls strategy.
- Optimization. You will administer relational and nonrelational databases, conducting cost analysis to optimize where needed.
- Monitoring. You will build robust monitoring solutions in AWS for application health, log storage, and security tracing.
- Be proactive. You will be part of a team that prioritizes finding problems before our customers do. You will optimize our monitoring, track metrics that matter and alert when a human response is needed.
- Learn. You will stay informed of new tools, coming up to speed and adapting to new AWS technologies, including AWS data pipeline infrastructure.
What you bring to our collaborative space:
- The experience. You bring experience in B2B software development and DevOps or Cloud Operations. You are curious and driven to solve problems quickly and creatively while ensuring resilience and reliability. You are inspired by a fast-paced environment and can rise to the challenge of competing priorities. Ideally, you have been part of the team at a SOC2 compliant company.
- The technical skills. You are an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional Certification with direct experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure. You have worked with AWS technologies, including "server-less" services, and you can learn and use a wide variety of technologies and tools rapidly.
- The collaborative approach. You can build trusting relations and efficiently work across in-person and remote teams. You are quick to adapt when priorities shift and take feedback well. You have the high degree of emotional intelligence and curiosity necessary to thrive in our self-managing environment. You embrace diverse perspectives and excel at building relationships. You are happy to jump in wherever and whenever needed, taking the initiative to figure things out when no clear, defined path or process is outlined.
If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and are determined to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully.
Why join us
A recognized, action-oriented, well-funded, scaling Canadian tech company, Manifest Climate is:
- Founded in 2020 by Laura Zizzo and Jeremy Greven, headquartered in Toronto
- Recognized in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards (2022) in AI + Data and certified as a “Great Place to Work”
- Recently completed a CAD $30 million Series A backed by leading technology investors: BDC, Climate Innovation Capital, Klass Capital, Golden Ventures and OMERS Ventures,). Trusted by leading corporations: Scotiabank, Manulife, Teck Resources, Hines, Loomis Sayles, Vancity
- Named to Corporate Knights Future 50 in 2022
- Continuously sought after for our perspective by renowned publications such as Forbes, Financial Times and Globe and Mail.
Benefits and perks
We are a people first organization and we invest in our people accordingly. Benefits and perks we offer to our team, include but are not limited to:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a path to earn equity options
- An engaging hybrid culture with WFH flexibility and access to a Toronto based office
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits with a health spending account
- Four weeks of vacation plus the ability to request additional paid vacation time
- Parental leave benefits with a top-up plan
- A one time work from home allowance to set up your remote office
- A monthly allowance for phone and data usage
- A yearly allowance for professional development and learning opportunities
- A membership to the Carbon Neutral Club
Evolve, improve, and thrive with us.
Our unified belief in our organizational purpose drives our culture, the caliber of talent we attract, our work ethic, resolve, and determination.
We are guided by our values, including Positive Attitude, Curiosity, Collaboration, Accountability, Radical Responsibility, People and Planet Centricity and well-being to build an amazing place to work where every team member is empowered, supported, and energized.
We are always on the lookout for committed and passionate professionals interested in contributing their talents in a challenging, energetic, and inter-disciplinary environment.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities where we live and work. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know