Aquanow is looking for a talented Backend Engineer to join our technology team. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside a highly experienced team and contribute to the development of a high-growth trading and technology company.
As a backend engineer, your will be mostly working on data stacks, including both SQL and non-SQL databases. You will be also engineering new solutions to making sure our databases are performant and help build our Reconciliation and Data Analytics Platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write code following our in-house standards for style, maintainability, and uphold these standards through code review.
- Analyze financial data, identifying discrepancies, irregularities, and trends.
- Investigate the root causes of discrepancies to ensure accurate financial reporting and provide actionable insights for decision-making.
- Collect, clean, and transform data from various sources to create structured datasets for Business Intelligence purposes.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure data availability and quality.
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and translate them into technical specification requirements.
- Work in an agile environment to ensure the utmost track of product delivery timeline and quality.
- Work closely with our senior engineers in building more performant data storage.
- 3+ years Experience with Backend Development, specifically in Node.js and Typescript.
- Experience in working with both No-SQL and SQL databases, specifically MySQL.
- Deep understanding of how SQL databases work.
- Ability to work with large data sets, visualization of said data.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including good working knowledge of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
- Passion for delivering high-quality software with quick turnaround times.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Nice to Have
Experience with AWS services, including the following experiences in the fintech industry:
- Lambda and API Gateway,