Major Areas of Responsibility:
We are looking for a diligent, imaginative project lead who has a passion for innovation and who wants to do big things to help grow our company by helping grow our clients' business.
If you relish the challenge of being part of a team that is truly dynamic, and that leverages the power of hackathons, bootcamps and workshops to drive innovation, this role may be for you. If you are proactive, creative, detail-oriented with extremely strong project management and communication skills, read on!
As we develop our growing company, we are seeking a driven manager for our client programs, with a creative mind and executional chops to join our team in Toronto producing amazing hackathons and innovation challenges.
Project Planning and Execution:
- Lead the development and implementation of innovation programs (hackathon, design jams, workshops, boot camps or education series') that will best suit our clients' needs and help them meet their business objectives;
- Work in partnership and manager other team members to deliver exceptional programs, events and experiences. Delegate tasks as necessary;
- Bring an enthusiastic and creative approach, delivering out-of-the-box strategies to help delight our clients and participants;
- Produce high-quality project documentation, including project plans, status reports, and project deliverables
- Lead virtual and in-person event set-up, operation and success of our events;
- Collaborate with team to ensure plans are implemented in accordance with timeline and financial expectations and that any issues, challenges or deviations are escalated for resolution in a timely manner;
- Identify and manage project risks, issues, and dependencies, ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards
- Continuously monitor project outcomes and adjust plans as needed to ensure successful delivery
- Thrive in a fast-paced and varied environment, balancing multiple projects to ensure that the unique client needs and objectives of each project are achieved;
- Ability to lead client project meetings;
- Demonstrate consistently strong communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, sponsors, participants and vendors;
- Develop and implement stakeholder communication plans and change management plans to ensure effective communication and adoption of project deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients to develop on-brand messaging that best represents their voice and is aligned with their objectives
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Fluency in English AND French required
- Possess a willingness and flexibility to be multi-functional and wear many hats in a lean, adaptable, and collaborative team;
- Knowledge and experience in a wide-range of account management and client service areas including the management of: key stakeholders, projects, budgets, time, and risks;
- Passion for problem-solving and ideating for best outcomes;
- Equally passionate about managing projects and getting your hands dirty in the tasks;
- Experience in public speaking and facilitating group learning and activities;
- Knowledgeable about the tech industry, innovation ecosystem, and aware of emerging trends, especially in relation to planning virtual events and programming;
- Remarkable attention to detail and exceptional written skills;
- Ability to tailor tone and style, and multitask for a diverse client base;
- Strong work ethic and conscientious nature;
- Computer savvy (we are a Mac environment);
- Experience with digital marketing tools (analytics, drip marketing campaigns etc.) an asset;
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends to support our events;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to timelines;
- Self-motivated and results-driven;
- Enthusiastic about providing the best possible experience for clients and participants; and
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
Education & Work Experience
- 1-3 years work experience in a client facing role, account management, events management or similar experience.
- Degree or Diploma in business, marketing, communications or applicable area.