ValeyoToronto, ON2 months ago
Who we are
Valeyo is a leading Canadian-based solutions provider in the financial services industry. In addition to being a leader in loan origination technology, we are a trusted distributor for industry-leading carriers and service providers across Canada. Our partners' products strengthen our proprietary technologies and expand our suite of lending and insurance solutions. With more than 40 years of business excellence behind us, Valeyo unites a diverse group of insurance, technology, business, and marketing professionals with a common purpose: to help our clients thrive through strong partnerships. Through the combination of our services-driven vision and distribution expertise, we can push further and faster to provide our clients with a broader range of financial solutions for their customers.
As an organization, we subscribe to the concept of winning as a team, working together, and implementing the best ideas put forward. Guided by our core values of accountability, partner-centricity, teamwork & collaboration, results-orientation, integrity, and passion, we take a unified approach to achieving our shared purpose: accelerating our success and that of our clients by building better businesses.
Who we need
With several projects and partnerships on our roadmap and an eye on the future, we are looking for a Business Analyst to join us. This is a six-month contract opportunity with the chance of renewal. Reporting to and working closely with the Senior Product Manager, you will play a critical role as we scale, taking ownership for client-facing requirements gathering and analysis. You will act as the bridge connecting your clients' needs to the work and deliverables of internal product, development, and QA teams.
Who you are
You are a Business Analyst, perhaps at a big four consulting firm in FinTech or Financial Services with client-facing experience and deep knowledge of lending. You want to join a scaling tech solution and services company where you can apply your expertise autonomously, eliciting business needs from clients and translating them into technical requirements. You want to be part of a team directly responding to an industry's needs, working in close collaboration across teams, and influencing the roadmap. You are committed to seeing things through at every step; a subject matter expert and trusted advisor with the vision to create innovative solutions to complex problems.
What's in it for you
Impact, success, and growth. This is a chance to be part of our exciting path forward as we change financial and insurance services across the country, introducing innovative proprietary technology solutions to our clients. As part of a team, you will rapidly gain exposure and take on responsibilities for highly visible client-facing projects, owning and driving the process. You will have immediate learning opportunities with an extensive onboarding program, access to formal training, the mentorship of your manager, and support from Valeyo's PMO Centre of Excellence.
What you will do
- Start conversations and probe for details. You will develop a deep understanding of client requirements, gathering information on scope, gaps, and business risks.
- Support solution designs. You can produce functional and non-functional specification documentation incorporating text, mockups, and wireframes for any audience level. You will champion the best options for the client's business needs and the technical team's feasibility to guarantee mutual satisfaction. You will piece together logical user stories and workflows based on user information, requirements, and your understanding of both the processes and the technology. You investigate issues thoroughly and create practical solutions that solve problems and open up new opportunities, continuously looking for ways to improve processes and efficiency.
- Collaborate. You will work in close partnership with the Senior Product Manager, other BAs, and across teams. You will apply your understanding of financial issues and your understanding of software solutions to solve complex problems in loan origination technology creatively. You will provide guidance and ensure that technical development adheres to the functional specifications. You will contribute to testing strategies by determining acceptance criteria and helping triage bugs.
- Own it. You take pride in ensuring that the product delivers real value to our customers and satisfies all criteria.
What you bring
- The education and experience. You may have a degree or diploma in a technical or business discipline. You are an experienced Business Analyst with the insights to effectively elicit and analyze business and user needs and revise existing system logic difficulties. Ideally, you have exposure to the financial lending industry, specifically in retail, commercial and agricultural lending. You thrive in the role of a bridge between teams, driving results to ensure the project deliverables are met according to specifications.
- The collaborative skills. You can work autonomously and as part of a team. You are ready to contribute wherever you can and have experience guiding junior team members and supporting QA activities such as functional testing and end-to-end internal beta testing, including system, business user acceptance testing, integration, and performance testing.
- The accountability. You take ownership of your deliverables with a clear view of the impact on the client's and the company's ability to be successful. You think creatively and have an analytical approach to problem-solving and task and time management.
- The adaptability. You thrive in an evolving environment and stepping up to different challenges every day. You can seamlessly adapt to changes in priorities, the business, or the industry. You have the confidence to take new ideas forward and productively challenge the status quo.
- The interpersonal skills. You can build productive relationships across the organization, influencing without authority. You have a genuine interest in understanding others, hearing their perspectives, and addressing their concerns. You have outstanding professional written, verbal, and presentation skills. You have a proven ability to gain trust and guide decisions both internally and externally. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine a solution.
- The technical toolkit. You have advanced knowledge of productivity tools, including Jira and MS Office, including MS Visio and Project. Familiarity with Azure and DevOps tools is preferred. Exposure to lending or loan origination systems and the application service provider model is an asset.
The Valeyo Way:
Through collaboration and innovation, everything we do at Valeyo is focused on people - those we help and those we hire.
It's #thevaleyoway to empower our people with autonomy to make decisions that align with our values, to treat each other with compassion focusing on what we can accomplish as a team; and recognize our individual and collective efforts.
We share a passion and drive for success and are a proudly diverse team. Embracing our differences enhances everything we are involved in, from our social awareness as an organization, to our creative problem solving, to the communities we support.
We offer our team the best of both worlds: a fast-paced, innovative FinTech environment and an established organization. This includes:
- A healthy, fulfilling work-life balance through a flexible hybrid work model, a Health and Personal Spending Account. Plus the comprehensive benefits and perks of a financially stable organization including Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a generous paid-time-off policy including vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day, and statutory holidays.
- A continuously evolving people-first environment that takes time to have some fun (virtual team building events including scavenger hunts, charity drives, FitBit challenges, photo challenges, and virtual social events, including team lunches, and once we're able to safely do so, awesome potlucks, costume competitions, and karaoke battles) while providing access to professional development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs.
- A bigger than us outlook. Every year we offer $1000 grants to students who are credit union members. It's just one of the ways we support financial opportunity and growth beyond our virtual walls and in the community.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Valeyo is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Valeyo will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact email@example.com for accommodation requests.