Business Development Intern
Aspect BiosystemsVancouver21 days ago
We are seeking a Business Development Intern to research and analyze the biopharmaceutical landscape. Through extensive market research, you will identify new technologies, research opportunities, and potential partner organizations. Working closely with the business development team and senior management you will provide market information to help navigate and drive internal R&D programs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform primary and secondary market research (based on scientific journals, market reports, and analyst reports) to form a detailed understanding of the biopharmaceutical market, the major players, and major opportunities.
- Research and identify new business opportunities and technologies in regenerative medicine, biomaterials, and related fields.
- Perform due diligence, including, but not limited to, competitor analysis, epidemiology, technology review, market analysis and segmentation, and patent review.
- Effectively communicate your market research findings to senior management.
- Collaborate with other Aspect departments such as technical support, marketing and sales, customer service, and business operations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Currently pursuing an MBA or a MSc or PhD in biology, tissue engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related scientific field.
- Experience: You have worked in market research and/or engineering or biomedical research.
- Data and Reporting Expert: You practice diligence and care when gathering, maintaining, monitoring, citing, calculating, and summarizing data. You have a strong ability to gather, summarize, analyze, and report information clearly and concisely.
- Tech Savvy: You are a proficient user of PowerPoint and Excel. Being familiar with PubMed, patent searches, and data analytics databases (e.g. GlobalData) is preferred.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Passionate: You have strong interest in the industries Aspect Biosystems works in (e.g. 3D printing, cell therapy, biomedical engineering, biomaterials, biotechnology and regenerative medicine).
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.