Switchboard Public Relations (Switchboard) helps innovators, technologists and change makers create positive impact by driving communication strategies that generate meaningful results. With industry expertise, a passion for technology and a solid list of influential relationships across North America and beyond, we make things happen. We are a full-service agency offering strategic communications counsel, media relations, issues management, community intelligence reporting, media training, and communications coaching.
Over the last five years, Switchboard’s rapid growth has seen us expand our office in Vancouver, British Columbia, add consultants across Canada and the US and develop a dedicated network of global affiliates. We bring together the best and brightest team for each client’s needs and embed ourselves in their team as trusted advisors and communications coaches.
The agency is growing and looking to add an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help Switchboard expand. You will have the dedication to create and implement an effective business development strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients and the tech community.
The work pace is fast, and we require a detail-oriented, ultra-organized, data driven and motivated candidate who loves KPIs and levelling up.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Manage our existing sales pipeline and develop new business opportunities
- Take a lead role in the development of timely RFPs, proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities, partnerships and sponsorships
- Identify tech industry trends and customer drivers, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals inline with strategies, and lead and present pitches
- Prepare new client contracts and statements of work ensuring adherence to established agency guidelines
- Plan and oversee new marketing strategies to position and promote the agency
- Motivate the team, track performance, monitor revenue and report metrics
- Maintain and share professional knowledge, and represent Switchboard at industry and networking events and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent
- Successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation in an agency or firm environment
- Solid knowledge of, and passion for, the tech industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build trusted and respected stakeholder relationships
- Working experience with sales techniques, and IT fluency
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Confident, independent self-starter with a competitive drive
- Creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- This position is located in Vancouver, Canada
- $75,000 – $85,000 CAD
- Compensated based on business development KPIs
These days, technology makes the world go round, and tech is our speciality. We’re Switchboard, a strategic communications advisor working with tech-enabled companies and organizations of all sizes, types, and stages of maturity. Whether they’re building the technology themselves, leveraging existing solutions to their advantage, or working to boost Canada’s innovation ecosystem, they’re part of the future economy – and we’re here to help get them where they want to go. Call us idealists, but we’re here to create positive change in our communities and the world.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to Leslie Hayden, Strategic Advisor at Switchboard, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Business Development Manager.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.