Business Development Representative
CardataOakville, ON2 months ago
At Cardata, we provide autonomous, challenging work that encourages employees to learn, be innovative, and take ownership. As part of our team, you will work in a high growth environment alongside people who are passionate and supportive.
Cardata’s mission is to offer companies across North America the easiest and most tax-efficient way to reimburse their employees for using their personal vehicle for work. Founded in 1999, Cardata was launched by former fleet executives who identified a need for a cost-effective and equitable way to reimburse drivers. Today, we serve companies ranging from smaller regional enterprises to Fortune 500 corporations.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative that is eager to kick off their sales career and join our team. The ideal candidate will have an energetic, can-do attitude and be comfortable working in a metrics-driven environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Conduct on-going research to identify potential clients and key stakeholders, and build prospect lists for outreach
- Proactively reach out to prospects through highly targeted and strategic outbound calls and emails
- Conduct discovery calls to drive new sales pipeline by converting prospects to sales-qualified leads (SQLs) and booking meetings for our Account Executives
- Create a great first impression on prospects by delivering a platinum-level experience
- Maintain active engagement with leads through creative and personalized follow-ups
- Track activities and maintain detailed notes in our CRM (Close.io)
- Stay up-to-date with new products and services offered by CarData
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, with the confidence to cold call
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Customer-service oriented and a strong interest in delivery great customer experiences
- Highly organized, able to effectively manage time and juggle multiple priorities
- Enthusiastic about pursuing a career in sales
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or another related field
Why You’ll Love Working at Cardata
- You’ll have the opportunity for career progression in a high-growth environment
- You’ll join a collaborative team of passionate professionals
- You’ll have the option of working where you work best – come into the office or work from home! Our office has free onsite parking and is just steps from Oakville GO station
- You’ll participate in an amazing benefits plan with generous vacation and paid time off policies
What You Can Expect with Our Interview Process
We understand interviewing can be a daunting experience, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Here is a step-by-step guide on what interviewing with us looks like:
- A 15 min “get to know you” phone call with our Talent Team
- An assignment that is designed to assess your current sales knowledge and skills
- A 45 min interview with the Hiring Manager
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.