For companies in the construction and labour industries, safety is mission-critical. It touches every employee who sets foot on a job site, affecting culture and morale, project deliverables and timelines, profitability and reputation. It’s a highly complex ecosystem with countless requirements - all of which are government-mandated and enforced. With the majority of companies still relying on paper forms and antiquated point solutions for documenting safety compliance, SALUS is poised to lead an epic evolution.
Our SaaS platform is built to mirror safety workflows digitally, combining a web app for real-time monitoring of daily operations with powerful reporting capabilities, and a mobile app designed specifically for achieving the highest level of adoption amongst field-level workers.
SALUS is a well-funded, VC-backed startup with kickass culture, a solid customer base spanning North America and an insanely high retention rate. A small but mighty Vancouver-based operation poised for rapid growth, our next wave of expansion began in Q3 2023. We are on the hunt for an experienced Business Development Representative (BDR) who wants to lead the charge of the safety evolution within the construction industry while generating new pipeline and having a direct impact on the developing sales culture at SALUS. We’re continuing to create a diverse work culture that closely matches the diversity of our client base and seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Market Development, our BDR will work within a metro with a fellow BDR and an Account Executive (AE) to research, prospect and create new pipeline to help us grow our customer base.
Follow in the footsteps of SALUS BDR’s who consistently excelled at their role and earned an internal promotion to AE. We believe strongly that the work that goes into mastering this role sets up the individual for growth within the company.
What You’ll Do
- Build a strong sales pipeline through calling, email campaigns and objection handling.
- Researching, prospecting, and booking qualified opportunities.
- Provide detailed descriptions of your discovery calls to ensure your account executive is prepared to build off your qualification.
- Ensure qualified opportunities convert to sales accepted opportunities.
- Contribute to the feedback loop between sales and marketing based on observations and trends in the market.
- Consistently exceed monthly quotas.
- Participate in company wide multi-threaded campaigns on social media
What You’ll Bring
- 1-2 years as a BDR/SDR or other relevant sales experience (B2B SaaS or Construction related is a plus).
- Results-driven and hunter mentality.
- Self-motivation with a desire to coach and be coached.
- Eager to learn and understand the challenges in the construction industry.
- Love the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup.
- Up the ante and competitive behavior as a contributor to a progressive sales team.