System Business Analyst
| About the role
Payments Canada has launched a multi-year, multi-phase business transformational program: Modernization. This initiative focuses on aligning the needs of member institutions, users (consumer and business), and regulators with changes to Payments Canada’s core payments infrastructure and rules/policies to further enable the payments ecosystem in meeting the broader needs of users. A critical element of the modernization program is the adoption of ISO 20022 messages.
Reporting to the Director, Information, Data Analytics and ISO, the ISO 20022 analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of ISO 20022 standards for the payment systems.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Subject matter expert on either high value or retail payment system messages standards
- Responsible for the development, implementation and testing of ISO 20022 for payment systems
- Participate in discussions with the application provider and system integrator related to development and testing of LYNX, and RTR ISO 20022 message standard.
- Work closely with various operation teams on ISO 20022 related work
- Whenever needed, provide support for the ISO 20022 Message Development Group and assist with responding to member inquiries.
- Monitoring and reporting on developments and changes in the industry related to ISO 20022 adoption within the global and domestic community.
| What you’ll be doing
- Working in the ISO 20022 standards development team developing messaging standard documentations
- Work closely with high value and retail payment operation teams on any ISO 20022 related work
- Support the testing and implementation of the ISO 20022 standard in the modernized payment systems.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Support discussion with the FIs around the ISO 20022 messaging
- Participate in ISO 20022 related working groups and workshops - taking minutes, working with the industry to resolve issues, provide for answers to inquiries.
- Interfacing directly with Payments Canada core operations to identify changes to existing procedures, processes, and rules that will support the implementation of LYNX MX and RTR.
| You’ll need to have
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant area (e.g., Business, Finance or Economics)
- Business subject matter expertise in an ISO 20022 environment is desirable
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in financial services or relevant industries.
- Good knowledge of the payment functions (i.e., payment types, roles of direct and indirect parties, rules, and regulations).
- Requirements gathering, and requirements documentation skills
- Occasional travel will be required between Toronto and Ottawa (following the removal of Covid-19 restrictions).
| It would be great if you had
- Strong understanding of ISO 20022 messaging standard, formatting and structure
- Experience with financial messaging standards, such as SWIFT MT is a plus
- Experience with APIs, JSON and XML is a plus.
- Knowledge of business analysis methodologies and principles
- Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian financial system, the payments industry, and Payments Canada
- Experience in cash management solutions is a plus
| What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Prime downtown locations (Ottawa & Toronto) close to transit and shopping
- Gym and shower facilities
- Bike lockers
| About us
We are a unique organization at the centre of the payments ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous. We are successful as individuals, as teams, as an organization and for our members and stakeholders if we strike to balance these values in all that we do.
Payments Canada is committed to having a diverse, representative workforce and continuing to build an inclusive environment. We encourage applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. All employment decisions are made based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.