Business Systems Analyst (Network and Telecom)
Summary of Duties
Reports to a Manager of Information Systems as designated by Director, Technology Services. Develops and/or assists with selection and implementation of business solutions, providing consultation services in the selection of business solutions, including recommending appropriate hardware or software platforms; develops systems and applications and provides training and on-going support of hardware and software systems, and monitors effective use of the same.
Areas of Focus
Network Installation and Configuration:
- Installing and configuring network hardware, including routers, switches, access points, and firewalls.
- Setting up and managing network protocols, IP addresses and subnetting.
- Identifying and resolving network connectivity issues for both hardware and software.
- Using network diagnostic tools to analyze and resolve challenges. (Wireshark, Fluke Networks, Ping, Traceroute, ipconfig, etc.).
- Implementing and maintaining network security measures, such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and access controls.
- Implement, administer, and maintain various Network Access Controls for network monitoring and security. Cisco ISE, Palo Alto XSOAR / Aruba ClearPass.
Cisco Unified Call Manager:
- Setting up endpoints, such as IP phones, softphones (Jabber).
- Managing and administering Cisco CUCM / UCCX environment.
- Three year Community College Business Information Systems Diploma.
- Three years related experience.
Specialized Training & Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Valid Driver's License - Class G
- Industry designations and/or courses on specific products may be required.
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at https://careers.london.ca
Please note following the interview stage, a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday, November 9, 2023.