Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities; we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people's lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
LifeWorks is on a mission to respond to the emerging trends impacting mental health and total wellbeing. Mobile devices, remote offices, the immediate and long-lasting effects of the global pandemic, and the need for employees and employers to find rewarding ways to commit to each other are drivers for our next evolution.
Everyone who joins LifeWorks benefits from the professional reward of working in a more agile human-centric framework and the personal reward of knowing the architecture you build, code you write, the product you release, and the service you provide is supporting the mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing of clients and millions of their employees around the world. We empower our people to make a difference and play a direct role in nurturing and growing our mental health-focused portfolio of globally consistent and locally relevant omnichannel solutions.
There are exciting times ahead, and we're looking for team members who share our enthusiasm, our drive, and our passion for improving business and improving lives.
At LifeWorks, we are always moving forward. Move with us.
Who we need
The Enterprise Platform (EPPS) group develops and supports key platforms and products within LifeWorks, from our APIs to Machine Learning and Cognitive apps. Our technology is used across the LifeWorks portfolio of apps, and we follow product-driven agile methodology. As part of our mission to impact 1 billion lives, we're looking for a passionate developer with a growth mindset to be part of our mission to deliver innovative, automated, self-service infrastructure using cost-effective technologies.
Reporting to the VP of Product Engineering, we are seeking a Backend Developer to join our product development organization. You will build and maintain data access, processing and validation services backend to support our highly automated business processes and web portals. You will play a central role on multiple Agile product teams, solving hard problems and contributing to the success of the platform, the company, and our 24K clients.
At LifeWorks, we give you the chance to bring real-world solutions to life and make our vision for a people-centric continuum of care through technology a reality.
This position is fully remote, but you can choose to work out of one of our hubs in Toronto/Markham, Montreal, or Atlanta.
What's in it for you
Purpose, challenges, and influence. At LifeWorks, we're using evergreen tech for good. It's about as value-driven as it gets, and we are passionate about what we do, ensuring what we build is welcoming, resilient and scalable. After all, our goal is to impact 1 billion lives. This is an opportunity to pivot your focus and your impact, to contribute to a global platform with purpose. You will immediately increase your responsibility tackling challenging architecture issues and reliability engineering problems. You will have a genuine opportunity to optimize and add resilience to our existing platform while helping craft and shape our new mental health product, collaborating with every product team. It's a chance to grow your expertise, your network, and your influence as part of our lean engineering operations. As we continue to scale, so will your career with a direct path to executive-level technical or people leadership.
How you will make an impact:
- Build. You will collaborate with the Solution Architect to validate the technical implementation of new concepts, develop new or fix existing functionality, and perform the code review.
- Ensure quality. You will take responsibility for the quality of the code delivered and contribute best practices to guide the technical design decisions.
- Support. You will solve problems and remove technical impediments raised by the team, providing technical support and leadership for escalated incidents and outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently.
What you bring:
- The passion. You are a lifelong learner and experimenter, inspired to stay current with industry trends and think deeply about how new technologies can deliver business value.
- The technical knowledge. You have 5+ years of professional experience in software development, working across the SDLC in an Agile environment. You have:
- Proficiency with C#, database and development with SQL Server.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture principles and best practices, software architecture, coding patterns.
- Comfort using AWS, microservices, event-driven architecture.
- An understanding of enterprise architecture principles and best practice.
- Experience with open source development and community contribution through GitHub, networking, technical blogging, etc.
- The interpersonal skills. You can build trust and influence without authority. You are a great team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, working cross-functionally with Product, DevOps, infrastructure, and Executive leaders. You have effective and flexible communication skills and can comfortably explain complex problems and technical solutions to a range of audiences.
- The education. You may have a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, but we know not everyone gains their skills through traditional academic training.
As designers and providers of technology solutions delivering access to the four pillars of wellbeing to global communities, we are committed to nurturing a remote and onsite environment that welcomes, embraces and appreciates the diversity of the people who make up our teams and the people that use our products. We value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized but valued.
If you feel you have 70% of what we are looking for and share our mission to make the workplace and the world better through wellbeing solutions, express your interest. We promise to take the time to consider the full spectrum of what you offer.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people, and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.