Ministry of Land, Water and Resource stewardship
Chapter Lead, DevOps
$77,700.20 - $110,000.05 annually
This posting is to create an eligibility list for future permanent and temporary vacancies. Currently we have a temporary vacancy available for 2 years that may become permanent.
A dynamic leadership role for a full stack development professional with outstanding Agile skills
The Development and Digital Services team provides software development services for six natural resource sector ministries. The team focuses on continuous improvement through developing and enhancing software in response to user feedback. The team values steady, iterative and incremental changes to realize progress. The Development and Digital Services team assembles, supports, and retains agile teams, and works both within and outside of the team to support the growth of an agile culture.
The Chapter Lead, DevOps provides inspirational leadership, oversight and direction to ensure the continual improvement of full stack development services. The Chapter Lead, DevOps provides strategic advice and recommendations regarding all aspects of our full stack development services, and leads all aspects of planning, performance management and service delivery. The Chapter Lead, DevOps collaborates with Product Owners and contributes to government-wide IM/IT frameworks. As the Chapter Lead, DevOps you will bring knowledge and expertise on full stack development and enhance this capability in your team members.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, business administration or a discipline related to the management of full stack development and a minimum of three years within the last seven years of related experience in each of the following:
- Providing leadership and direction to full stack development or DevOps operations in an organization of similar size and complexity.
- Leading the continual improvement of software development operations within an Agile framework.
- Leading initiatives to enhance the skills and capacity of a full stack development team.
- Supervising IT professionals.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
For more information, and to apply online by October 10, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/86455