Chief Revenue Officer
CultureSmith is thrilled to have partnered with Virtual Gurus on their current search to add a new Chief Revenue Officer to the group in Calgary.
Virtual Gurus is a marketplace of highly-skilled remote workers from traditionally underrepresented communities who help busy entrepreneurs and organizations accomplish more.
They’re proud of what makes them different: a crazy strong social mission to provide earning opportunities to underrepresented folx, and their focus on curating the match between virtual assistant and client.
They’re looking for a growth-oriented leader who has achieved massive revenue scale while staying true to a company’s social mission to join them as their Chief Revenue Officer.
You understand growth in all its multiple facets - targeting the right customer, with the right message, at the right time, using the right medium; removing barriers to sales; exploring new opportunities - whether revenue models or new lines of business; and, expanding revenue opportunities within their existing client base. You’ll become part of the c-suite, helping them design their path forward and lead a talented and dedicated group of sales and marketing professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of revenue generation, and the teams that lead it
- With the CEO, craft a vision for growth
- Drive predictable growth by setting a path for short-, medium- and long-term opportunities
- Find new paths to revenue & work with COO to build processes to support them
- With the C-suite, set a tone for alignment across all areas of the business to achieve excellent customer experience from awareness through to off-boarding
- Own the funnel - from awareness through to purchase
- Achieve scale and traction in existing and new business lines
- Define and monitor markets, market segments and go-to-market strategies
- Functional reporting areas: marketing, sales, account management and partnerships
How do you know if this role is for you?
- You have 15+ years of proven results in taking companies to scale
- You are results-oriented, able to focus on both short- and long-term objectives
- You’re acutely aware of the gig economy and the benefits it brings to both sides of the marketplace
- You are data-driven, collaborative and possess a builder mindset
- You possess lived expertise in managing churn, preferably in a two-sided tech platform
- You’re equally at home in a tech environment as you are in a people-first service environment
- Willing to figure things out and get stuff done
- You are easily able to handle a fast-paced, hyper-growth culture while keeping a steady hand to drive the company’s success
- You’re keen to lead during a time of intense growth and continuous change, and can leverage your experience to help the team stay motivated and engaged throughout the evolution
What’s in it for you?
- Base salary plus performance bonus
- Stock option plan
- Health, dental and other insurance benefits
- Other valuable perks like meals on VG and flex time
- Hybrid work arrangements with up to 40% remote collaboration
- Convenient central location in Calgary (relocation assistance is available)
- Comfy office space - more beanbag than boardroom
- A team that walks the talk on equity, diversity and inclusion
- Fun work atmosphere and regular social events
- Being part of an amazing story
Virtual Gurus leverages proprietary technology to match organizations with highly skilled Canadian and American virtual assistants. Whether an organization needs a dedicated assistant, special project support, or help with occasional tasks they're your people.
They look for people who are passionate, not content to let things happen; show empathy towards clients and virtual assistants and not operate from a place of solitude without asking questions; who are diligent in their work, but not controlling; and work to show a high level of competence without trying to achieve perfection.
Belief in their social mission fuels them to deliver exceptional experiences to clients, so they can continue to provide opportunities to their virtual assistants. They walk the talk on equity, diversity and inclusion. In support of their social mission, candidates who identify as Indigenous, BIack, Person of Colour, woman and/or 2SLGBTQIA+ will be given preference in the selection process [s16(1) CHRA].
Learn more at - https://thevirtualgurus.com