What we’re about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course, we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
Who we need
We are looking for a Cloud Architect to join our expert team of energetic and knowledgeable staff building the next generation of advanced technology stacks. You will collaborate with your peers in the Technical Operations group and multiple Engineering groups to design, implement, roll-out, secure and maintain the infrastructure for several internet-facing and private environments. You will play a critical role on projects, bringing stability, elasticity and security to our infrastructure as we transition and manage our existing Cloud presence.
What's in it for you
Inspiration. This is a top-class Theater system with complex camera technologies and extremely high quality and availability standards for the 1600 theatres set up for IMAX. You are passionate about the art and science of film and want a role at an organization that inspires. You want to take on the challenges of an ever-changing environment at an organization that is evolving to go beyond the film and into other entertainment formats.
Ignition. We foster a continuous learning environment, sharing knowledge and best practices to learn every day. You will be working in a world-class media broadcast company, growing your hands-on skills across multiple cloud platforms and projects.
Involvement. You want to grow your exposure to cutting-edge technology and products used in huge international films to elevate the audience experience. You want to influence our cloud infrastructure, introduce best practices, share ideas and knowledge, and see the impact of your insights come to life across our global organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to projects. You will work on requirements, architecture, and scalability of 3-tier web applications, prioritize security, and draw on best practices to make recommendations across the lifecycle.
- Build cloud environments. You will plan, design, create and maintain cloud environments predominantly in AWS. You will adapt to work in GCP and other cloud platforms as needed by our external partners.
- Monitor. You will optimize and maintain our Linux systems, check the health of cloud infrastructure through logs, and update infrastructure platforms based on requests.
- Collaborate. You will partner with our DevOps team to ensure the maximum efficiency of our build and deploy environment. You will work closely with both software and hardware Engineering teams to improve, expand, or define builds, deployments, infrastructure, architecture, and tools.
What you bring:
- The technical expertise. You have 4+ years of related experience in a high-capacity, high-impact, high availability online environment and hands-on experience with:
- Linux Administration.
- AWS cloud technologies like IAM, KMS, S3, EC2, Autoscale, ELB/ALB, Route53.
- Writing and maintaining Cloudformation and Terraform configurations.
- Web server technologies such as Apache or Nginx.
- RDBMS and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra or MongoDB.
- The leadership. You take ownership of your deliverables and can coach and guide junior team members to successfully achieve results. You can manage and prioritize multiple initiatives with competing deadlines. You have a creative and analytical approach to problem-solving and a proven track record of researching and introducing new and established technologies, tools, and processes.
- The interpersonal skills. You are a collaborator and thought-leader who can influence decisions, adopt the opinions of others, and drive consensus. You have effective and flexible communication skills, and you are comfortable making presentations to stakeholders. You have an appreciation for diverse experiences, cultures, and backgrounds and can work inclusively with global teams.
- The flexibility. You understand the nature and demands of a 24/7 always available global environment and can participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation to support our systems.
Our Commitment to you:
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
Before you start with IMAX, all employment is subject to background and reference checks. Additionally, our Canada employees are subject to our mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.