Cloud Architect System Analyst
Digital HospitalityVancouver, BCa month ago
About Our Company
Digital Hospitality is Canada’s leading web development and digital marketing agency for hotels and resorts. We serve a growing client base of hundreds of hotel properties across the globe. Our head office is home to a small but growing and dedicated team, located in the Gastown area of downtown Vancouver. A major division within the company is custom development services outside of the hotel/travel industry. Digital Hospitality works with clients to design, build, and run the infrastructure systems that businesses depend on to manage and reinvent their business. It’s our mission to make innovative, tech solutions available to every organization that needs them.
This position will involve creating the cloud architecture vision for the company's custom applications that all focus in the areas of 1) IoT 2) Blockchain technology and 3) machine learning/AI. Particularly important to the role is to constantly research, analyze and deploy advanced security methods across all hardware devices, servers and applications. The position is for the primary solution architect and the ideal candidate will have a very keen interest in data security.
• Providing solutions expertise to software architects, project managers, business analysts, developers and to upper management of venture companies.
• Documenting procedures and workflows to improve operational processes, information sharing, deployments and training.
• Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software
• Analyze systems requirements, develop and implement information systems, development plans, policies and procedures
• Acts as a liaison between technical and business stakeholders during solution planning, development and deployment
• Work with the stakeholders to understand and solve complex infrastructure problems, by presenting various solution options and technical concepts in a manner that they will understand.
• Creating innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end technical solution of a system, in line with the business strategy and objectives and within the context of the venture company’s technology environment.
• Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
• Primary contributor to the creation of a best in class cloud roadmaps, and strategies for overall adoption and execution.
• Continuously work closely with the venture businesses to fully understand overall requirements such as overall product costs/revenue, data privacy, business continuity, information security, integration with other systems, etc.
• Researching industry technology trends and emerging technologies and able to incorporate/adopt these trends and standards company’s processes.
• Educate team members and upper management on solutions architecture and work closely with deployment staff on procedures, back ups and best practices
• Identify, gather, analyze and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts
• Develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
• Conduct post-mortems to analyze and prevent repeat failures
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or relevant field.
• 5+ years' experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions.
• Domain level understanding of Public/Private Cloud Infrastructure & Networking
• Comprehensive experience with at least one of: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud products and architecture and delivery of solutions in this space
• Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric
• Background in using container platforms such as Kubernetes for large scale deployment of microservices
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GitLab and Gitub
• Advanced understanding of solution architecture.
• Strong understanding of application, infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like performance, scalability, reliability, availability
• Understanding of latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options.
• Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform/hybrid clouds
• Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies
• Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation and leading practices
• Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
• Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
It Would Be an Asset to Have
• Experience with BACNet and Modbus protocols
• Vulnerability and penetration testing using 3rd party tools/solutions such as Acunetix, Burp Suite, Metasploit, Netsparker, NMAP, WireShark.
• Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
• Go above and beyond to get the job done with maximum quality – and have fun as a team doing it.
• Expect nothing but best from our team members and foster an environment for continual learning and improvement
• Like to manage multiple things at once – the faster the pace the better.
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by including a resume and cover letter telling us why you’d be perfect for this career opportunity. Your full application can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the APPLY button on this posting.
Candidates that do not include a properly written cover letter as part of their application will not be considered for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement