It starts with the planet and the people that tend and raise the food we eat. It ends on your table, delicious, healthy, cost-effective, and high quality. Our client, a food-tech company, founded on a mission to nourish people at a lower cost, a better value, and a greater selection, has a vision to bring the best to your kitchens. As they scale, they are looking for new team members who share their passion for food and quality.
Our client is looking for a Cloud Operations Manager to play a critical role overseeing the support of their multi-tenant cloud platform and shaping and maturing the CloudOps roadmap. You will delegate workload and guide rapid troubleshooting, remediation, and root cause analysis of production issues to continuously refine operational processes and procedures. You will monitor budgets, identify cost savings, and manage small to medium internal projects to continually enhance their existing cloud presence.
What’s in it for you
Influence and impact. This is an opportunity for someone with an innovative and strategic vision and technical knowledge to come in and make their mark. Your work will ensure the successful setup and implementation of their cloud operations support system. It’s a chance to collaborate across teams to ensure the continuous availability and reliability of cloud platform services, initially rolling out in Canada then the US and Mexico.
Stability and autonomy. You are looking for an opportunity to bring your insights and lessons learned to accelerate your career and broaden your impact at a well-established, financially sound company launching in Canada. And, you would love to do it leading a nimble team that genuinely enjoys working together. In addition, you will be mentored and supported by your Director. You will have the autonomy to take ownership of the cloud platform operations (and the automation of everything possible) to ensure the client’s systems run more efficiently, improving the reliability and availability of all multi-tenant and customer-focused systems.
Culinary training - and tasting. This is a company founded on a passion for quality and food. As someone who shares that interest, you will have the chance to participate in two weeks of food-focused training with the corporate head chef. With regular new products created in the test kitchen, there is always something to taste and try out.
What you will do
- Lead. You will build and implement processes and best practices to ensure always-up availability for the Cloud Platform and its associated application environments. You will:
- Manage and resource small to medium internal projects to successful completion.
- Provide rapid troubleshooting, remediation, and root cause analysis of production issues.
- Define and continuously refine operational processes and procedures.
- Monitor and manage cloud security, including instance, container, cloud and network security.
- Collaborate. You will build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, working closely across technical, operations, and services teams. You will collaborate to refine continuous delivery systems for cloud CI/CD services.
- Drive continuous improvement. You will create system documentation and training materials to empower and educate teams. You will investigate major or recurring issues thoroughly and develop practical solutions. You will identify ways to improve processes and efficiency, establishing and driving best practices and procedures in cloud operations support.
What you bring:
- Experience. You have IT team management experience while providing support to production environments as well as experience in Cloud Operations or Administration. You have experience working in a cloud computing platform using a range of technologies, including Azure native cloud services with a foundation in backend programming, relational databases, and security. Ideally, you have ITIL certification.
- Leadership. You hold yourself to high standards of accountability, common sense, and ownership while thriving in an ambiguous environment. You operate with a sense of urgency and can change priorities based on business demand. You can dig deep to understand the root cause of technical problems, and translate complex solutions for a non-technical audience. You are empathetic and can respond urgently to internal or external customer needs, guiding your team to do the same.
- Growth mindset. You are open to new ideas and processes and motivated to take on challenges. You have a genuine interest in new tools and technology. You can research and apply best practices and implement repeatable processes, drawing on past insights and sharing knowledge with your team.
- A collaborative approach. You have flexible and effective communication skills. You can build trusting relationships with business and technical stakeholders, and third-party providers. You have the patience and empathy to relay technical instructions to a nontechnical audience. You can work alongside a team, influencing their performance and guiding their deliverables.
- Flexibility. You understand the demands of an always-available environment. You can travel locally, nationally, and internationally as needed for support, training, and onboarding.
This is a company that respects and cares for their people, the plates in front of customers, and the planet. With strong values prioritizing quality above others, they are transforming the grocery experience.
If you share a commitment to better food at better prices and want to be part of building a brand and success in Canada, let us know. And, while we can’t promise everyone an interview, if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications and 100% of the passion, express your interest.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.