Ministry of Citizens Services
These positions can only be performed from any location within the province of British Columbia where there is sufficient cellular coverage and stable high speed Internet coverage.
The locations listed are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working remotely from that location could be considered.
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies.
Cloud Platforms Administrator
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The OCIO Cloud Pathfinder work centers around the delivery of accelerated compliant public cloud app services to client ministries across BC Gov. By adopting the BC Gov digital principles, partner government entities adapt their typical ways of working to better align with leading practice amongst technology companies and digital agencies.
The Cloud Platforms Administrator is part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the support of a multi-cloud set of Public Cloud App Services in the government. This role provides expert advice to ministry staff and application development product teams on DevOps best practices, container platform and serverless application design, packaging, delivery, and migration.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field or related technical field. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 2 years’ of experience with working on complex multi-tenant projects:
- Manage projects that had multiple impacts in the organization
- Involvement of high degree of uncertainty in defining end objectives which often take place within a changing environment
- Involving the provisioning and providing service for many teams & stakeholders
- 2 years’ experience managing AWS, GCP, Azure and/or enterprise scale multi-tenant environments in a production deployment.
- 2 years’ experience with of ALL or SOME of the following: application development, platform systems, container platforms, Terraform, Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines.
- 2 years’ experience with GitHub making contributions to OpenSource projects or other.
- Willingness to provide on call paid 24-hour support during peak periods.
For more information, and to apply online by September 29, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/91943