Ministry of Citizens’ Services
Cloud Security Architect
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Cloud Security Architect leads The Province’s Cybersecurity program to protect governments information assets by designing and driving highly secure and compliant cloud computing architectures and implementations for B.C. Governments cloud platforms. This role will be part of a cloud architecture team that works closely with stakeholders, key infrastructure technology teams and business units to establish and provide guidance on secure development and migrations to the cloud. This position develops and implements enterprise information security architectures and solutions and services as a security expert, assisting clients to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and 6 years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- Diploma in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and 8 years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and recent (within last 10 years) related experience may be considered.
- Experience leading the development, implementation, and operation of enterprise security architecture in both on-prem and cloud environments (e.g., IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software As A Service).)
- Experience contributing to security architecture in large initiatives such as cloud adoption and/or cloud migration of security resources.
- Experience analysing security requirements in relation to risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Experience developing risk treatment strategies / recommendations to improve security.
- Experience translating complex functional, technical, security and business requirements into architectural designs or plans.
- Experience working in complex information technology environments.
For more information, and to apply online by September 15, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/91109