Cloud Security Architect
Prince George, BC
Ministry of Citizens’ Services
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC, which may include Vancouver, Nanaimo, Prince George, Kamloops. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working remotely from that location could be considered
Cloud Security Architect
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens’ Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca.
The Cloud Security Architect leads The Province’s Cybersecurity program to protect governments information assets by designing and driving highly secure and compliant cloud computing architectures and implementations for B.C. Governments cloud platforms. This role will be part of a cloud architecture team that works closely with stakeholders, key infrastructure technology teams and business units to establish and provide guidance on secure development and migrations to the cloud. This position develops and implements enterprise information security architectures and solutions and services as a security expert, assisting clients to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and 6 years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- Diploma in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and 8 years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and recent (within last 10 years) related experience may be considered.
Related experience must include:
- Experience leading the development, implementation, and operation of enterprise security architecture in both on-prem and cloud environments (e.g., IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software As A Service).)
- Experience contributing to security architecture in large initiatives such as cloud adoption and/or cloud migration of security resources.
- Experience analysing security requirements in relation to risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Experience developing risk treatment strategies / recommendations to improve security.
- Experience translating complex functional, technical, security and business requirements into architectural designs or plans.
- Experience working in complex information technology environments.
For more information, and to apply online by October 11, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/91299