Cloud Security Engineer
Altus GroupToronto, ON19 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Reporting to the Manager, Software Security Officer, we are adding a Cloud Security Engineer who wants to design and implement security solutions for our SaaS application environment in AWS. This is a critical role in supporting our global deployment of new and updated cloud products. We need someone who can establish the highest standards that meet and exceed security practices by embedding controls and automation scripts in the CI/CD pipeline.
As our new Cloud Security Engineer, you will own, run, and manage all security aspects across our flagship product landscape and within all areas of the development lifecycle. You will provide security advice and guidance through knowledge sharing and training to various stakeholders using Cloud/AWS solutions and infrastructure.
Who you are
You are a Cloud Security or DevOps Security Engineer looking for a chance to create and implement cutting-edge, scalable, and resilient cloud security for a growing global company. You want an opportunity to apply your understanding of CI/CD pipelines and script automation to introduce and implement DevOps Security checks and configuration to our workflow. You will work alongside DevOps, Architects, Product, and Developers, introducing and implementing best practices to our SaaS application environment.
What's in it for you
Knowledge sharing and leading technology. Information Security is our top priority. We are actively pursuing modern technologies, tools, and approaches. You will be both hands-on and strategic as you design and implement security for internal and external-facing AWS applications and systems. You will examine emerging best practices and drive our standards forward, improving our risk rating. This collaborative team fosters a learning and knowledge-sharing environment, enthusiastically pursues best practices, and continuously evolves our tech stack and our approach to security. You will gain exposure to the broader area of information security, including vulnerability management, and investigation, and other security technologies and practices.
Impact. You want to make an impact at a global software company with hundreds of thousands of users as you take us to the next level in AWS security. You want to lead the resolution of all security incidents, remediating security risks across our products. You will play a critical role in our growth as we continuously evolve and leverage the latest Cloud technology - compute, serverless, database, deployments, and security - to stay at the top of our game. Joining now is a chance to grow the influence of the team and work with best-in-class global peers. As we continue to scale, so will your career opportunities with us.
Our new Cloud Security Engineer will focus on:
- Security. You will own the security of our Cloud-based SaaS products from the design of infrastructure and software applications to production and deployment. You will drive the remediation of all Product and environment-related security risks for our Cloud offerings.
- Implement. You will research and roll out security best practices in all aspects of the development lifecycle among the teams. You will enforce and govern the use of API, container, and cloud security while leveraging automation across the lifecycle.
- Be proactive and reactive. You will stay up-to-date with security trends and developments in the market in order to continually improve internal processes. You will be aware of and evaluate the impact of breaches and discovered vulnerabilities to our products and drive corrective action in our environment or software. You will evaluate and recommend security products that close any gaps in our security operations. You will setup Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Prevention, and other security tools to prevent, monitor, detect and fix any attempts to breach.
- Evangelise and educate. You will influence colleagues and peers to adopt DevOps security best practices. You will identify security training that the team must get and drive the process of training them either through an external vendor or internal tools etc.
- Compliance. You will be part of the security compliance programs and ensure teams follow compliance guidelines for SOC2. You will work with auditors to obtain certification. You will periodically drive PEN tests.
Our new Cloud Security Engineer will have:
- The experience. You have the technical and analytical skills to identify, initiate, configure and deploy cloud security across internal and external applications globally. Ideally, you have security certification such as CISSP or CCSP or CCSK or any AWS Certified Professional or Specialty certification (e.g., AWS Certified Security Specialty). You have hands-on experience in security or engineering operations of AWS services, including basic compute and storage (EC2, EBS, S3), networking (VPC), and exposure to security services (IAM, Security Groups, Inspector, GuardDuty).
- The knowledge. You have practical experience in automating tasks using scripting and AWS services like CloudFormation and Lambda. You have a first-hand understanding of Cyber and Information Security, preferably at a large organisation, including experience:
- Assessing new and existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues, misconfigurations, and prioritising fixes/remediation.
- Analysing Enterprise IT and Information Security concepts like Network, Storage, Virtualisation, Identity Management, Encryption, and Server Management.
- The interpersonal skills. You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You are a skilled speaker who can present ideas and information in compelling ways. You can engage technical or non-technical stakeholders at all levels to drive organisational effectiveness.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!