Community and Program Manager
The world is in need of great companies to solve the many significant problems within the real estate and housing industry. These companies, however, do not yet exist. Join our extraordinary team at R-LABS and help co-found them. Be a part of a catalyst for innovative venture opportunities in the $200 trillion real estate industry, help us transform crisis into opportunity and, in the process, elevate to the best version of you. If you are passionate about learning about venture building and you have the intelligence and energy to make this happen, join us as our Community and Program Manager.
Who we are
R-LABS (“Our Labs”) is The Real Estate Industry Venture Builder, a partnership of innovative corporations and game-changing entrepreneurs focused exclusively on solving problems in the real estate and housing industry. Through our proprietary venture building platform, R-LABS co-creates and helps cultivate companies with new business models, to generate a positive impact on the community and build considerable value. R-LABS=Return on Society + Return on Investment.
Innovation is in our DNA, and is central to our ecosystem focused on making a sustainable impact. We are a “start-up factory”, launching and supporting fast-moving companies that benefit from our expertise, networks, funding and leadership. Real estate and housing are essential to everyone, but have complicated challenges that require innovative action. We draw upon granular insights and deep knowledge to address the many interrelated industry problems to bring about transformative change.
We’re looking for self-starters, critical thinkers and initiative takers to join our dynamic team of leaders. Join us in making a difference in the way great companies are built and major problems in real estate and housing are solved.
Who you are
As our new Community and Program Manager, your role and the measurable results of the activities you oversee will be central to our success in building and launching startups.
You will research and resource prospective founders, entrepreneurs, investors, and subject matter experts through industry networks and groups to create an effective on-ramp into our ecosystem. You will develop and manage the end-to-end process for hosting weekly workshops, populate, organize and manage a database, and create a pipeline where none exists.
You will gather information from stakeholders and nurture customers and prospects, meeting in-person and remotely, placing phone calls, making presentations and moderating online forums. You will generate interest and gain insights, curate and create engaging content, and grow a genuine community invested in the future - and the present - of real estate technology solutions. You will persuade and inspire people to be part of something unknown, innovative, and impactful - a place where they can see their own ideas come to life.
This is a newly created role and an opportunity for someone who has been-there-done-that to take on the challenges and rewards of building a community engagement program from the bottom up. It’s a chance to define your responsibilities, implement your ideas and execute on your initiatives. And, you will love doing it with a nimble, energetic group that has fun and genuinely enjoys working together, while being supported and mentored.
What’s in it for you
Innovation. This is a massive financial space with a tremendous number of problem domains being addressed by our companies. At R-LABS, we’re providing the framework and the connections that nurtures an entrepreneurial environment for innovators to explore the space and uncover the solutions the industry needs. Anyone joining us will gain an incredible amount of exposure into the innovative ways problem-solving in real estate can be undertaken.
Impact and empowerment. We are a purpose-driven company, building great companies that are improving the future in real estate. We live by the mantra, “Batteries included.” To us, that means our people don’t just point out the problems or grind to a halt when they make mistakes, it means we push harder, go further, and come up with the fix. This is a place where your authentic self, your voice, and your ideas are welcomed.
You will focus on:
- Process development. You will optimize our current database, verifying complete and accurate entries, creating segments, and ensuring ease of reporting. You will share knowledge across the team and explore migration from Hubspot to Salesforce.
- Events management. You will take ownership of the workshop calendar and build out your understanding of how to best serve ventures and the business through these events. You will determine new and creative ways to engage target audiences, collaborating across internal and external teams, including venture, marketing and leadership. You will plan and produce our online and in person weekly workshops with prospects, clients, industry experts, key stakeholders, and partners. You will manage all aspects of workshop logistics, including but not limited to communications, catering, content, timing, and follow up.
- Engage prospects, influencers, subject matter experts, and clients. You will apply your expertise in social platforms to build community engagement by driving positive conversations to identify relevant opportunities and trends. You will explore opportunities to attract and incentivize workshop participation. You will stay on the pulse of new industry and venture developments and networking events, and social channels in order to proactively direct current and future opportunities.
You will bring:
- The experience. You have a community building or sales background. You are a creative and strategic thinker with experience nurturing relationships, community engagement and initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador or referral program, creating an event series or managing an email newsletter) and hosting online and in-person events. You have endless curiosity as to what motivates and inspires conversations and connections and an understanding of the unique purpose and positioning of events to generate leads.
- The technical skills. You can quickly learn new technologies. You are proficient with MS Office and have outstanding grammatical and editing skills. You have proven experience with social media management for brands and events. You have experience managing information in a CRM, expertise with Salesforce.
- The ownership. You hold yourself highly accountable for the impact of your work and decisions. You can balance multiple projects and deliverables. You embrace continuous change and exhibit the adaptability to work within realistic yet demanding deadlines.
- The project management. You are a self-starter, capable of creating a concept and seeing it through to completion with minimal supervision. You have a winning attitude and are motivated to always surpass set targets. You can manage all of the details, all of the twists, and all of the personalities without breaking a sweat. You can seamlessly adapt to changes in timelines, the business, or the industry. You have insights into tracking and analyzing market trends, and applying findings to optimize community engagement.
- The interpersonal skills. You have a well-tuned awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion priorities and issues. You can build trusting relationships and have a proven ability to thrive in an ambiguous role at a fast-paced company. You have exceptional communication skills and can diplomatically interact with stakeholders, clients, prospects, and industry experts.
At R-LABS, we believe that the best way to predict the future is to help create it. We work alongside leading entrepreneurs and innovators to identify problems in real estate and co-create purpose-driven companies. Through the science of company building and our venture building platform, we’re developing transformative solutions and driving meaningful change through the real estate and housing industry.
We build and cultivate start-ups, drawing upon years of industry expertise and leadership. We know how to develop successful companies, how to thrive in this space, and how to nurture growth and success not just of our ventures - but of our people.
If we bring you into the fold, you’ll have our trust and our support. You will be mentored and have the autonomy to make great things happen. We know mistakes will happen - to us that’s a sign of true creativity. The ability to rapidly recover, learn, and apply, is what we love about the entrepreneurial culture we foster here.
When you become a Labber, we’ll help you discover your strengths, the problems you’re most passionate about, and what role you will play in real estate innovation and building a better future. We know that when we combine our skills and knowledge, we can create exceptional purpose-driven ventures that positively impact the world around us. There is much good work to be done, together.
Our unique approach to venture building takes the right kind of mindset. We believe that a positive outlook, gratitude, and courage are the foundation for genuine partnerships and the key to changing the world for the better. If you share our values - Integrity, Appreciation, Collaboration, and Innovation, we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words and obligations at R-LABS. We are committed to going further, integrating these values into the way we work, who we work with, and above all, how we treat each other from our very first interaction. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, and other equity-seeking groups.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest here. Please let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
You can learn more about our ventures, our partners, and our teams here.