Component Engineering Technologist Co-op
Title: Component Engineering Technologist Co-op
Job number: 000539
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Development
Area: Product Development
Delta Controls is hiring for a Component Engineering Technologist Co-op position based in our Surrey, BC offices (Cloverdale/Langley border). This is a full-time, temporary 8 or 12 months co-op position to start January 2022
Start date: Jan-03-2022
Work location: Remote work is not available for this position.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Temporary full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
In this role, you will:
- Validate component substitutes
- Assist with the development of test plans.
- Assist with or lead the execution of test plans including wiring and monitoring.
- Documenting the test results.
- Help develop and validate component test procedures.
- Assist in the transition to PTC Windchill PLM & SAP Platforms.
Main skills required:
- Familiar with the use of electronics test equipment such as DMMs, arbitrary waveform generators, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Familiar with the use of tools commonly found on an electronics bench such as screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, soldering irons etc.
- Basic understanding of Python and/or C/C++
- Currently enrolled in an Electrical/Electronics Diploma or Degree program with an interest in the Electronics & HVAC industries.
Years of relevant experience required: 0 year
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too!
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.