Consultant, Asset and Facilities Management
Altus GroupToronto, ON13 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Reporting to the Senior Director. Infrastructure and Contract Solutions, our Cost & Project Management team, we are looking for an Engineer to join us as a Consultant, Asset and Facilities Management. You will provide onsite visual assessments and photography, costing and technical reporting support. You will work on Building Condition Assessments (BCAs), Reserve Fund Studies (RFS), facilities management cost estimating (annual maintenance and lifecycle), and the delivery of general asset management solutions.
Who you are
You are an Engineer, Building Condition Assessor, or Building Sciences Consultant looking for an opportunity to develop and expand your experience into asset and facilities management. You may be working as a BA at an Engineering firm, for one of our competitors, or consulting on a short-term project contract for a property management firm. You want an opportunity to be mentored as part of a team working with the best experts in the field on a diverse range of public, private, and public-private partnership projects.
What’s in it for you?
Exposure. This is a chance to work on various projects from residential to business, from shopping centers to hospitals and highways to bridges. You will have the chance to conduct assessments, meet with clients, and put together cost assessments. There is a growing demand for the work we do on the institutional side, particularly public-private partnerships, where we are the go-to source for advisory and management. As an example of the diversity and high profile environment, some current projects include: Facilities Management Advisory for a major new hospital in BC providing operational guidance; Condition Assessments and Life Cycle Audits of public transportation facilities in Ontario; Asset Management Guidance, Maintenance, and Lifecycle Costing for a new electric bus yard on the US west coast; lifecycle audit of a major public-private hospital in Ontario; building condition assessment of a shopping centre in london England. If you have a growth mindset, the ambition, and the motivation to step up to new challenges, you will have the opportunity to contribute to any number of projects.
Mentorship and growth opportunities. Altus Expert Services has a global presence and reputation as an industry leader. You will be coached and mentored by experienced professionals, including the Senior Director and the Managing Consultant who bring decades of hands-on expertise and incomparable engineering knowledge - strategic and practical. You will have the opportunity to rapidly grow your own hands-on building sciences skills and move up to a Senior Consultant and beyond. As part of Altus Expert Services, there is no limit to where your career can take you.
Our new Consultant, Asset and Facilities Management, will focus on:
- Learn and grow. You will initially work on building and site assessments for smaller facilities and residential buildings. You will develop techniques in lifecycle and maintenance assessments for larger facilities and bigger projects.
- Manage client relationships. You will participate in initial client meetings and briefs.
- On-site work. You will visit sites to conduct non-intrusive visual assessments, taking photographs and notes. You will travel up to 20% of your time with the very rare overnight stay required.
- Conduct assessments. You will carry out building condition assessments for smaller facilities and develop lifecycle modelling and reserve fund studies. You will gain exposure to and ultimately contribute to Condition Assessments, Technical and Performance Audits, Due Diligence, Reserve Fund Studies, Capital Maintenance, and Lifecycle estimating, Life Cycle Analyses, Replacement Cost Values.
- Draft reports. You will follow our standardized format to document the results of your assessments.
Our new Consultant, Asset and Facilities Management will have:
- The education. You have a degree in Engineering or Architecture. Ideally, you are a Registered Professional Engineer of Ontario or close to becoming one.
- The experience. You have 3+ years of related experience in building sciences and engineering projects, specifically focused on cost estimation for short and long term facilities operation, maintenance, and management. You have sound knowledge of building systems, including building envelope, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical systems, and site pavements. You have worked on a variety of building sciences projects, and have developed or are developing a well rounded capability to execute larger facilities on your own or with specialists.
- The technical skills. You have hands-on experience with industry-known capital, maintenance, and lifecycle estimating software. You have experience analyzing code and standards (Ontario Building Code, Fire Code, Accessibility Standards). You are highly proficient in specification writing, reporting on findings, and tender and contraction preparation. You have solid project administration skills.
- The access. You have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. You are willing and able to visit building sites and occasionally, travel overnight.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.