Who we are
At Personify, we build strong connections with our clients so they can build strong connections with their communities. One of the most diversified and fastest-growing technology providers of integrated software solutions, we are innovative leaders in the industry and respond to the needs of our clients through products that include:
- A2Z Events, a multi-event platform that enables clients to manage their events from start to finish, including floor plans, financials, managing contracts and sponsorships, and increasing engagement through mobile applications and a networking suite.
- CommUnity, an online community platform for those with common interests to connect, learn and collaborate.
- Wild Apricot, an all-in-one solution that automates and simplifies workflows enabling nonprofits and associations to manage their membership, streamline their processes, and make room for human connections.
- Member Clicks, an easy-to-use member management cloud solution aimed at small to medium-sized nonprofit organizations and associations.
- ThreeSixty, an enterprise management solution for associations, nonprofits, YMCAs and JCCs to engage, manage and grow their membership.
- And more.
At Personify, we're in the relationship building business, powering conversations, donations, events, and foundations through analytics, tools, and robust backend management systems. With 300+ employees in our offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Toronto, and as part of remote teams across Canada and the US, we're the people designing the technology that reaches 30,000+ clients resulting in 3B+ interactions a year with our products. Joining us is a chance to take your skills and expertise and build solutions for the real world that strengthen the connection between clients, their mission and their communities.
Who we need
We're looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our SaaS inbound marketing team and grow our content acquisition machine. Under our Senior Content Marketing Manager, you will own the content for MemberClicks as a part of our Small-Medium Business (SMB) unit.
SEO is a crucial driver for our segment, and you're going to be instrumental in making MemberClicks an industry-leading brand publisher in our space. You will work across the marketing funnel, write to the needs of our audience (Nonprofits, trade associations, Chambers of Commerce, etc.), and have a direct impact on business results. You will blend your fine-tuned analytical skills with your creative mind by developing content that appeals to Google's algorithm, supports the buying journey, and helps our audience increase the impact of their mission-driven organizations.
Who you are
You're a wordsmith by trade and are always looking for ways to improve your writing, editorial, and proofreading (hey, grammar nerds!) skills. But you go beyond being a Creative: you bring an understanding of B2B strategy, full-funnel marketing, and content optimization. You care about how your content impacts business results and are motivated to take ownership of reporting on what is or isn't working.
If you've been involved in the nonprofit sector as a volunteer, staff member, marketer, board member, or otherwise, make sure you highlight this experience: already understanding our audience could give you a leg up in the application process!
What's in it for you
- Influence and balance. MemberClicks is a recent acquisition, with an exciting opportunity to be a part of a transformative SEO project. You will own a massive library of content to build a strategy. You will be the owner and the driver of the voice and messaging, reaching an audience of small-to-mid-sized associations, chambers and nonprofits seeking solutions. This is a chance to use content to create real business results.
- In-demand skills growth. You'll get to partner with a technical SEO Consultant, immediately growing your understanding of how to optimize content. You will learn what parts of a website or web page do and don't affect SEO (diving into page speed, mobile responsiveness, data structure, etc.) as well as SEO for video content.
- An impactful multifaceted role. You will be part of a robust content programme, contributing as a content strategist, writer, editor, and project manager. You'll have access to a team of freelancers and a content agency to make your magic happen, and you'll have access to the data you need to see the tangible results of your work.
- Career development. You will report to a manager who prides themselves on supporting their team's career progression and skills development. They will guide and coach you towards increased independence and autonomy in your role. You will build the expertise and exposure to move up to a Senior Marketing Manager, Content Strategist, or SEO Consultant here or elsewhere. Or move into another vertical at Personify, further broadening your skills.
- Collaboration, both personable and professionalcasual and corporate. At Personify, we offer a balance between established and responsive, between new and tenured. We are proud to say many of our team members have been here for 5, 10, even 15 years, alongside the teammates who've joined us recently. While this is a fully remote role, the option to join us in our casual, energetic Toronto office is open (when you feel comfortable doing so). You will be part of an incredible Content Marketing team working together to create content that really matters to our audience.
How you will make an impact:
- Grow your knowledge. You will dive into learning about our customers: nonprofits, associations, clubs, and membership organizations. You will explore their web-based groups, newsletters, etc., understand how to position our solutions and comprehend how they are already - or could be - engaging us. You will develop and launch a quarterly webinar series featuring key industry leaders in the association space.
- Produce whip-smart content. You will outline, assign, edit, and publish blog content that drives traffic to our site and provides real value to our audience. You will plan and write high-value gated content (ebooks, guides, checklists, etc.), resulting in a high conversion rate. To help you get great work done on time, you will oversee and guide 2-4 freelancers and work with our content agency to create strategic guest posts that build our backlink profile.
- Collaborate to drive results. You will work with our Senior Content Marketing Manager and our SEO Consultant to create content within a portfolio SEO strategy that promotes MemberClicks to our target prospects - without cannibalizing the target markets of Personify's other brands. You will gain and apply new insights and approaches to optimizing content.
- Apply full-funnel thinking to the content you create. You will build out your understanding of how thought leadership and nurture content come together to position our solutions as the answer to target markets' pain points. You will continuously seek out best practices for lead generation through content marketing.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You have 2+ years of experience in a B2B Content Marketing or SEO role, preferably for a SaaS company or agency. Exposure to the SMB segment is a plus. A portfolio demonstrating your ability to capture attention and drive engagement is essential.
- The creativity and the analytics. You have substantial experience writing, editing, proofreading, and publishing content and an understanding of organic SEO, inbound marketing, full-funnel marketing, and content journeys. You've created valuable gated assets (ebooks, guides, checklists, etc.) that result in high landing page conversion rates and capture high-quality prospects for nurture.
- The technical skills. You know how to rank on Google for a chosen keyword and have results you can share with us. You may have some experience with HubSpot or other marketing automation platforms.
- The philosophy. You're self-driven with a desire to experiment, fail, learn, and grow. You're a team player who knows collaboration is the key to any organization's success.
- The communication and interpersonal skills. Your writing is exceptional, and you have equally strong oral and presentation skills. You can easily build a positive, professional relationship with stakeholders at any level, comfortably working across teams.
Why join us?
We are committed to creating a balanced, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- We recognize and appreciate the varied experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge our team can bring to our culture, operations, products, and relationships internally and externally.
- We have an impactful recruitment diversity strategy to increase representation across the company at every level. And, we're working with our teams to create employee resource groups that further support our people in the safe spaces and ways they need to feel heard.
We're proud of our evolution. We promote -and live- a culture of not just listening but acting, making ourselves available and accessible.
We're a great place to work.
Guided by our values, inspired by our clients, and forging ahead with optimism and the commitment to service of a new President and CEO, Scott Collison, at the helm, Personify is driven by our purpose. We empower our clients, from small nonprofits to large enterprise organizations, to build strong connections with their communities, ultimately enabling them to achieve their missions. And, our leadership team brings profound expertise and a deep commitment to taking Personify to the next level.
With generous paid-time-off, flexibility, and the option to be fully remote, we prioritize the well being of our teams. Choosing where to power up their laptops empowers our employees to connect with each other and our clients from anywhere while meeting their life demands and without sacrificing their performance. In fact, we know it makes them do better, feel better, and enjoy being part of our company.
Recognized by Built In Austin in its Best Places to Work Awards in both 2019 and 2020, we spend our days creating a virtual place and physical space where people are comfortable being themselves, feel supported and heard, enjoy each other's company, and have an opportunity to shine.
Personify is a company made up of people who like to work with brilliant teams passionate about delivering exceptional solutions to our clients. We're a place to make an impact, see the difference, and accelerate your career doing something you love.
We know not everyone gains their education and skills the traditional way, so if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications you are looking for and you are ready to make a difference, submit your application. Of course, we can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider the full scope of who you are and what you bring.
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
Employment offers are contingent on the candidate successfully completing a background investigation in compliance with federal, provincial and local laws.