Control Systems Specialist
Delta ControlsSurrey, BC - Remote opportunities available4 days ago
Title: Control System Specialist
Job number: 000501
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Professional Development Services
Area: Professional Development Services
The right candidate is a solution-focused individual who is confident and comfortable working with both internal and external contacts.
Start date: May-17-2021
Work location: This position is eligible to remote applicants (work from home or telecommute).
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us!
- In-house training, education and opportunities for growth.
- Financial benefits such as RRSP matching and life insurance.
- Health and family-focused benefits such as extended health, vision and dental benefits with employer paid premiums, onsite fitness center, reimbursement for gym memberships, travel insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Our employees are recognized through Service Awards and Employee Referral bonuses.
- Our location is transit accessible and we have free on-site parking.
- Three weeks of vacation after three years of employment.
- Depending on the role, casual or business casual dress is the norm.
The right candidate is a solution-focused individual who is comfortable working with both internal and external contacts. In your role, you will:
- Work with our Sales team on incoming requests for Control System Solutions.
- Evaluate the feasibility of requests.
- Working with the Professional Development Services (PDS) Project Manager and Control System Solutions Team Lead to develop solution proposals (project scopes and quotes).
- Provide engineering services to meet with the current demand from our distributors. The candidate will initially focus on Control System Solutions and BACnet controller databases for specific building control projects, including;
- Advising customers on preferred product selection for the application
- BAS architectures and network layout
- Provide control drawings and/or controller databases as contracted by the customer
- Provide support for other projects the Professional Development Services group has ongoing or completed.
- Complete projects that meet the high quality standards and productivity that our customers have come to expect.
Main skills required:
- Degree or Technical Certification from an accredited, applicable, Technologies program, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience as an Application Engineer either working for a Delta Controls Partner or within Delta Controls.
- Strong creative skills and attention to detail, as you will be creating original layouts and designs for site graphics.
- Able to complete control Services and programming projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and be flexible in a demanding environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good understanding of HVAC applications and equipment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Expertise in Acad, Visio or a comparable engineering Services software.
- Experience with HVAC control systems, and networking.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and how they operate.
- 2 years minimum in Application Engineering or Solution Development position in building automation controls industry.
Years of relevant experience required: 2 years
Education required: Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account. We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.