Job Type: Contract, 12 months
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario - Provincial Head Office
Close Date: December 14, 2022
Salary: $91,086.65 - $105,594.36
Legal Aid Ontario employees are committed to making a difference in the lives of our clients.
As an integral partner in the Justice system, working at Legal Aid Ontario is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to help people who need it the most; to ensure each client receives the access to justice afforded to them under the law.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your already meaningful career with a team dedicated to justice, and innovation in a flexible and supportive work environment consider this opportunity below.
As a member of the IT Programs, Products, & Projects Delivery Services group, the Corporate Business Analyst will be assigned to multiple concurrent approved IT application related projects. Working closely with the Lead, IT Programs, Products and Project Delivery, the CBA will be responsible for documenting the system requirements and support the development of the detailed functional design specifications, liaising with the developer and technical team during the build stage to ensure that the system solution/build meets the business purpose and functional use.
Home Location: Provincial Office
Other Locations: N/A
Reports to: Manager, IT Programs, Products, & Projects Delivery Services
LAO is in the process of developing an organization-wide hybrid workplace model, taking into consideration the range of services and roles performed throughout the organization. During this development phase, the work of this role is hybrid and structured to provide greater remote work, but some in-person presence will be required.
- Gathering/documenting the business requirements, in preparation for functional design specification writing
- Defining specifications to meet the business objectives and of the product being designed or built
- Conduct business process reviews, journey mapping, and user experience validation based on the project need
- Evaluating business output requirements and formats to be able to determine and recommend the most appropriate system design solution to address the functional requirement
- Analyze and may be asked to evaluate existing and new systems to verify a match to the business requirement.
- Construct workflow charts and process and system diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing system specifications, and other supporting architectural documents
- Working closely with IT Lead and IT PM to scope out the project system requirements specifically as it related to business system solution change and technical specifications
- Preparing test case scenarios to support DAT, FAT, UAT testing of the functional requirements
- Supporting IT QA team during testing cycles/coordinating UAT, based on project need
- Daily monitoring of service support requests and troubleshooting reported business system application production issues
- Flexible to other responsibilities within role.
Required Skills & Experience
- Computer science degree or relevant working experience / education
- 5 + years in a business analyst role
- 3+ years’ in-depth experience in one or more of the following applications MS Office 365 suite cloud technologies, MS Dynamic CRM, Oracle PeopleSoft CRM and Financials, Oracle Service Cloud and Intelligent Advisor
- 1 + years of experience with design and implementation of digital B2C customer service solutions including knowledge management and digital customer service(s)/ assistant technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of predictive customer service technologies such as automation, AI and machine learning.
- SQL query writing experience
- Business intelligence Financials data reconciliation experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Developer background is an asset
- CBAP certification is an asset
This position is collectively represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) and the successful incumbent will be governed by the provisions of a collective agreement and subject to union dues once negotiated.
To apply submit a cover letter & resume.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set up their Candidate Profile if applying on Njoyn. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Legal Aid Ontario values integrity, respect, responsiveness, excellence, independence, accountability, openness and consistency. Our recruitment process reflects our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request.
Legal Aid Ontario encourages applicants from equity seeking groups, including but not limited to individuals who are First Nations, Inuit or Métis descent, persons with disabilities, women, members of racialized communities and the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We recognize the value of diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to addressing systemic barriers and attracting and retaining diverse staff. All interested and eligible people will be considered, with due consideration to all protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code.