Customer Experience (CX) Analyst
BenchVancouver - Remote, Toronto - Remote24 days ago
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 10,000th client and our 600th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What’s in store for my role as the CX Analyst?
As our client base quickly grows, we need cutting edge analytics to maximize the quality and impact of our customer’s experience at Bench. Whether it be direct measures of the experience using measures like NPS/CES, or more downstream indications of experience like churn, you will own the analytical narrative around customer experience. You will use data to drive decision making, evaluate future strategies, and pinpoint bottlenecks in the Bench experience. If you are successful we will see dramatically increased retention and deeper more impactful engagement for those business owners who use Bench. You will be a critical player in ensuring Bench delivers the most efficient bookkeeping service in the world.
To be an effective driver of change in customer experience, we require an individual with an aptitude for numbers and an ability to spot and adapt to trends at a drop of a hat. We need an individual who can identify how different trends connect across teams, and to take those connections and turn them into actions. Beyond your technical abilities in analytics and modelling, we are looking for a powerful strategist, an effective communicator, a team player who can not only drive change for our clients but also our Benchmates. The customer experience and the Benchmate experience are deeply connected; you will form and nurture these connections to create a better Bench both inside and out.
If you’d like to apply your analyst expertise to a dynamic, high-growth environment, this role may be exactly what you’re looking for. Reporting to our Senior Revenue Analyst, you will have the opportunity to hone your skill set with the support of a high-performing, collaborative team.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- NPS / CSAT / CES System:
- Reporting structures and analytics using SQL, Tableau and sheets.
- Identify trends and uncover gaps in CX
- Collaborate on strategies to maximize experience and support in implementation
- Customer Segmentation:
- Determine “addressable market” for up-selling; who can we do more for?
- Identify customers at the extremes of customer experience and unpacking how Bench can maximize the number of clients having an exceptional experience
- Churn Analysis:
- Infrastructure and narratives illuminating the why behind churn
- Develop forecasts and predictions of future churn using leading indicators
- Determine correlations between churn and levels of product attachment
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, finance, consulting, strategy, business intelligence or a related field
- Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or other quantitative fields
- Experience translating business problems into clear drivers and structured models
- Excellent SQL / Excel / Google Sheets skills; experience with BI tools like Tableau
- Exceptional analytical skills and intuition
- Comfort working with quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience communicating recommendations effectively to senior leadership
It could be an even better fit if you:
- A nose for value: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important
- Appreciation for systems: You can connect the dots and figure out the best solution for Bench, not just the stakeholders you’re working with
- Intellectual curiosity: It’s not enough for you to know the what - you want to know the why. You are energized by challenging problems, and are persistent/ resourceful in your efforts to solve them
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.