Customer Strategy and Operations Lead
Who we are
HomePorter is an innovative platform designed to provide homeowners with a comprehensive and unbiased virtual home care advice service. The platform combines the convenience of a telemedicine-type experience for homeowners with personalized smart search capabilities and interactive maintenance plans that provide homeowners with instant access to information about their homes. With HomePorter, homeowners can enjoy a user experience that simplifies and streamlines the homeownership experience, making it easier and more efficient to maintain their homes.
As a startup with the impressive financial backing and expertise of R-LABS* and The Co-operators Group**, we are building a cutting-edge platform that empowers homeowners with on-demand unbiased advice, and action plans that cater to their specific needs and circumstances.
Who we need
We are looking for a relationship builder excited to take a concept and bring it to life: a Customer Strategy and Operations Lead to join us at our early stage. You will drive the development, piloting, and launch of a new home management portal, tools, and features to meet the needs of an untapped market: homeowners seeking to optimize the enjoyment of their biggest investment. You will draw on your business acumen and sales insights to execute and optimize the product strategy from market research and design to build and user testing with a focus on achieving our timelines for launch.
What’s in it for you
Influence. You want the professional satisfaction of truly shaping a product using the latest technology with the chance to work with clients and identify new features that meet their business needs. You want the challenge of not just having an opinion, but seeing it come to life. It’s a chance to collaborate with and mentor the work of a cross-functional team and influence future standards and best practices, and take ownership of the product’s success.
Career development. You are looking for increased impact launching a new product and company. You want to bring your insights and try new things based on lessons learned. Whether you are working within the constraints of a corporate organization or have grown to the limits of a smaller company, this is a rare chance to be part of the excitement of setting up a platform - and a company - from the early stages.
Impact. You want to be part of a company that is solving problems for the average homeowner with the potential to reach an audience of millions.
- Develop and execute product strategies. You will conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify opportunities and trends. You will ensure the product strategies align with business goals and customer needs. You will define product requirements and create user stories and product roadmaps.
- Lead and collaborate. You will exemplify and represent our mission, brand, and product. You will partner with the UI/UX Designer and the Full Stack Developer to create user journeys that meet customer needs and improve the end user experience. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that products are developed on time, within budget, and meet quality standards.
- Wear different hats. You will flex across different roles, supporting all aspects of the product as we build and grow our teams and processes. You will support business development, go-to-market, and operational deliverables.
- Be the voice of the customer. You will build trusting and influential relationships with stakeholders, decision-makers and end users - acting as a champion of the product and the client needs to bring the two together. You will conduct in-depth conversations resulting in a full understanding of client business needs and propose potential solutions we can provide. You will conduct user testing and gather customer feedback to iterate on product designs and features. You will analyze product metrics and customer feedback to inform product decisions and drive product improvements.
- The experience. You have in-depth business insights and can see the potential and benefits of ideas that bring true value. You are driven and strategic, able to identify solutions to complex problems and bring them to life, gaining buy-in, investment, and commitment. You may have technical sales experience and you may have worked as an Analyst or in Operations at a venture firm or you may have launched your own venture. You have extensive experience validating product ideas and features through customer feedback and market analysis to ensure alignment with business goals and customer needs.
- The leadership. You are resilient by nature and can persevere in the face of challenges. You are seen as a trusted advisor, with an ability to gain buy-in, elicit feedback, and influence decisions. You excel at working with clients and internal teams and can navigate conflicting opinions and priorities. You are comfortable taking on any role to help where needed and ensure we meet our goals.
- The project management skills. You think creatively and have an analytical approach to identifying risks and problem-solving. You can create, be part of, and adhere to project plans, reporting, and managing stakeholder expectations.
- The interpersonal skills. You have exceptional verbal, presentation, and report-writing skills. You are engaging and empathetic with an ability to build productive relationships internally and externally, influencing without authority. You have a genuine interest in understanding others, hearing their perspectives, and addressing their concerns. You have a respect for the diverse experiences and opinions of others.
If you are talented and motivated with 70% of what we are looking for and 100% of the passion, we encourage you to express your interest here. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words and obligations at HomePorter. We are committed to going further, integrating these values into the way we work, who we work with, and above all, how we treat each other from our very first interaction. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, and other equity-seeking groups.
*R-LABS (“Our Labs”) is a partnership of innovative corporations and game-changing entrepreneurs focused exclusively on problems in real estate and housing. Through a proprietary venture-building platform, R-LABS co-creates and helps cultivate companies with new business models to generate a positive impact on the community and build considerable value.
R-LABS=Return on Society + Return on Investment. You can learn more about R-LABS ventures here.
**The Co-operators Group Limited (CGL) is a Canadian-owned co-operative with over 70 years of history. Making people a priority and taking a long-term view of business decisions makes Co-operators fundamentally different from most insurance companies. Investing in strategic, sustainable, and innovative solutions, they remain true to their roots, putting the needs of clients and communities first. You can learn more about The Co-Operators Group here.