Helcim is looking for an energetic and personable individual to join our Merchant Recruitment team.
As a member of the Merchant Growth team you will play a key role in helping people love Helcim. You will help new and existing merchants get the most of the platform and act as the project manager to their success; helping them find value in what we do. You will look for continuous opportunities to build your understanding of our product and our customers (talk to them!). You’ll pair that knowledge with the Helcim Way to engage with our customers in a human sales/onboarding process that starts with ‘hello’ and seeks to deliver a solid understanding of our service and how they can use it to their full advantage. Nothing makes you happier than building a relationship, sharing your knowledge and helping a small business succeed.
We do sales (and a lot of other things) the right way - this is a great opportunity to join a fast moving company with a product and customer focused vision you can believe in. You’ll have lots of responsibility, and with it lots of room to bring your creativity and ideas to further enhance the work of the Merchant Recruitment team, its connection to our customers, and drive ever greater sales results. You will ensure our company remains true to our mission of being the most loved payments company from the very beginning of our customer’s experience with us.
What you’ll do:
- Interact with new and existing merchants through an array of channels (web, phone, chat, in-person) to help them understand what we do, how we can help, and recruit them to and/or enhance adoption of our service.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Helcim, our payments services and tools (and how they fit into the wider payments market), and the problems our merchants are trying to solve - and show them how we can help solve those problems.
- Get results - drive growth in both new sign ups as well as service adoption amongst existing users.
- Be an ambassador -> connect with and understand them, act in their best interests, follow-up on time, answer questions completely, set expectations and live up to them.
- Set up sales calls/meetings to demo and explain our service and platform to prospective merchants.
- Guide merchants through our sign up process and help resolve queries about our Fees, Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy, etc.
- Work with MX, Growth, Partnerships, Product and Dev teams to continually evolve sales and signup processes to drive strong results in inbound new merchant sign ups and product adoption.
- Previous experience in SaaS, technology or financial services sales is an asset.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Proficient with G Suite (Gmail, GDocs, GSheets, etc)
- Intuitive, self-motivated and positive
- Past experience in a technical customer service position and sales is an asset
Helcim is a payments company that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We won the Canada’s Most Admired Award for Corporate Culture in 2021, ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech. Learn more about working at Helcim in our culture book The Way of the Helcim.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!