Manifest ClimateToronto - Work from Anywhere17 days ago
Our purpose is to shine a light on climate-related risks and opportunities and advance strategies to thrive. To do so, we're building a world-class team to innovate and implement transformative climate strategies.
In January 2020, climate change visionary and entrepreneur Laura Zizzo and successful technology entrepreneur Jeremy Greven joined forces. Together, they launched Manifest with a vision to create the world's most intelligent climate change for business platform. As a result, Manifest Climate was created, a software platform to help companies navigate climate change risks and opportunities. Featuring AI, advanced analytics, climate science, industry best practices, and much more, the platform helps companies build climate confidence. It provides a clear and straightforward way to understand, assess, govern, and disclose climate-related risks and creates greater transparency for stakeholders. In February 2021, Manifest completed a seed financing of $6.5 million with an exceptional syndicate of leading technology investors.
At Manifest, we work with forward-thinking organizations across a broad range of industries, including finance, government, real estate, and more. Our role is to engage and empower businesses to develop climate and resilience strategies, educate teams on climate developments, equip them with the tools to identify and manage risks and opportunities and provide leading solutions.
We have an immense opportunity to scale our expertise to a global market that requires fast, smart support. We're building a world-class team to inform and inspire substantive, positive climate action. If you are a forward-thinker interested in purpose-driven work that helps real-world decision-makers and influencers respond to the climate crisis, we think you'd like it here.
Who we need
Working in close collaboration with our Data Science Lead, we are looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our team. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to grow their skills as an initial team member on a rapidly growing data science team. You will contribute to a data-driven product we are building; and influence business-level data-driven tactical and strategic decisions with the insights you produce. This is a chance to contribute to the development and deployment of novel data-driven solutions to fuel our products and business decisions.
Who you are
You may be a recent grad, or you have a couple of years of experience working analyzing data, and you want to join a scaling tech startup. You have the technical skills to work with third-party APIs and data of different formats (Excel/Google Sheets, CSVs, JSON, XML). You can generate insights and provide actionable recommendations. You thrive in a collaborative and autonomous role, and you have experience working closely with development and product teams. You like to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You are continuously exploring what can be learned and applied from the data.
What’s in it for you
Challenges, impact, and inspiration. You want to channel your technical skills into climate consciousness as part of your daily work. You want to gain the professional exposure and reward of working on the most critical issues facing the world today with a diverse team of brilliant yet humble, funny yet incredibly professional collaborators. This is a genuine opportunity to work on climate issues, generating insights and analytics that will impact our mission, our product, and our end-users. You want to be part of a company responding to a massive market opportunity ahead of a huge adoption curve. You are hungry to learn, problem-solve, and build incredible solutions along the way.
How you will make a difference:
- Share insights. You will source new data and extract insights from the data to learn more about our market, our users, and the state of climate risk adoption in the world. You will distill the technical language from these insights to translate the results of your findings into accessible, engaging language, data visualizations, and other forms of presentation for our non-technical teams to understand and apply.
- Code. You will use Python and SQL and APIs for third-party software to gather, clean, organize, and analyze data. You will use GitHub and data-specific tooling to help improve scalability, consistency, and quality of your analyses.
- Collaborate. You will work hand-in-hand with the climate content team and our data scientists, improving the quality of the data for our machine learning models to automate more of our delivery processes and add more value to our commercial product.
- Autonomy. You will embrace and excel in an agile, self-managing environment that encourages everyone to act with a sense of radical responsibility. Manifest operates at the leading edge of both climate change intelligence and leadership paradigms, which offers the thrill of innovation and the challenge of ambiguity. You will thrive as we grow and evolve together. Being part of Manifest allows you to bring your full self to work.
What you bring to our collaborative space:
- The education. You have a Bachelor or Graduate Degree, ideally in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field. Or you have relevant data analysis experience combined with a scientific background.
- The experience. You are a Data Analyst with 1-2 years of experience, either through full-time employment, co-op placements, or other work experience focused in this area. You have proficiency with Python, SQL, and using third-party APIs. You can learn new tools independently and quickly.
- The collaborative approach. You have the high degree of emotional intelligence and curiosity necessary to thrive in our self-managing environment. You embrace diverse perspectives and excel at building relationships. You are happy to jump in wherever and whenever needed.
Evolve, improve, and thrive with us
Our purpose drives everything: shine a light on climate-related risks and opportunities and advance strategies to thrive. Our unified belief in this purpose drives our culture, the calibre of talent we attract, our work ethic, resolve, and determination.
Our values include a relentless focus on customers, making things simple and useful, and creating thriving ecosystems. We have other values too, but they're table stakes: transparency, integrity, authenticity, fairness, wholeness, open, honest communication, agility, balance, self-management, and autonomy. In short, we want to build an amazing place to work where every team member is empowered, supported, and energized.
We expect to make some mistakes along our journey, but that's all part of finding our way. We're here to learn and grow together - to build a fantastic company that makes a difference, and hopefully, has a legacy that lasts forever.
We are always on the lookout for committed and passionate climate-change professionals interested in contributing their talents in a challenging, energetic, and inter-disciplinary environment. If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and are determined to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. We promise to consider your application fully.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities where we live and work. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.