Data Analyst / Developer
ImprovingCalgary2 days ago
Job Posting – Data Analyst / Developer
Created: February 23, 2021
Role: Data Analyst / Developer
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Calgary, AB
Are you an experienced Data Analyst/Developer who wants to build data solutions that truly make a difference? Join our experienced team of leading Data Analysts and Developers who are equally passionate about delivering robust data solutions to meet organizations’ growing thirst for information. As you further your career, learn from peers and share your knowledge and experience through mentorship of fellow analysts.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize your experience building end-to-end BI solutions and knowledge of database principles and data design concepts, such as: dimensional modeling, data processing, and effective data presentation formats.
- Engage with subject matter experts and stakeholders at all levels of the business to solicit, understand, and clarify business and technical requirements.
- Build database solutions utilizing your keen knowledge of SQLs and platforms, including: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Azure or AWS Cloud platforms, R, and Python.
- Implement data analytics and dashboard solutions using tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Construct efficient data processing pipelines utilizing various tools and programming languages.
- Perform complex data exploration and analysis to support data mapping or to provide key information for business stakeholders.
- Lead, mentor, and coach with fellow Improvers and client team members.
- Explore new and emerging technologies, such as: cloud data platforms, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning and advanced visualizations.
- A driven individual who can effectively engage with our clients and can use your expert technical knowledge to the benefit of our clients and other stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and exhilarated to gain knowledge in a wide range of business sectors and data technologies.
- A data professional with experience in designing, building, and implementing data solutions.
- A graduate of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
Why You Should Apply
- Receive support and mentorship from the brightest, most experienced professionals in the industry.
- Gain exposure to multiple industries and technologies.
- Benefit from project delivery support and mentoring in your client engagements.
- Opportunity to attend Improving’s public training offerings to expand your technical skills and achieve relevant industry certifications (e.g. PSM, PSPO).
- Participate in our in-house ImprovingU technical and personal development courses.
- Connect, engage, and have fun within a positive, inclusive atmosphere.
- Learn, grow, and share in the success and accomplishments with our clients and the Improving team.
Improving is a consulting company so many of our open positions depend on contractual agreements with our clients. Timing, required skills, and responsibilities may vary based on client engagement.