Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Are you adept at crafting data models that provide deep business insights and support strategic decision-making? We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join us at Thinkific.
As a Data Analyst at Thinkific, you’ll provide valuable data expertise to our Research & Development and Go-to-Market teams to support impactful projects and strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Analytics Manager, you'll step into a role where quick thinking meets deep analysis, shaping decisions that drive our business forward. Our team thrives on engaging discussions, thoughtful retrospectives, and semi-annual summits that spark creativity.
Your goal will be to deliver business insights through data. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Dive into our wealth of customer data to provide narratives that not only describe our current performance but also recommend clear, actionable steps for growth. Your insights will be pivotal in shaping the direction of our product and marketing strategies
- Develop comprehensive data models that serve as the foundation for self-service analytics
- Create tools in our BI platforms that empower stakeholders to extract and analyze data independently, ensuring they have the information they need at their fingertips
- Provide general data support, and be the go-to expert for data inquiries at Thinkific, particularly supporting real-time data needs through tools like Looker and Mixpanel
- Offer thought leadership by applying your expertise to help solve complex business challenges. You'll use data-backed reasoning to guide strategic discussions, fostering a culture where data informs all tiers of decision-making
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 3+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis, with a proven track record of developing data models and delivering insights that drive business growth
- Proficient in SQL, Excel, and BI tools like Looker, with the ability to translate data findings into compelling stories for a non-technical audience
- Has a collaborative approach to stakeholder engagement, ensuring that data practices align with business needs and contribute to informed decision-making
- Possesses an understanding of A/B testing, and a keen interest in continually advancing their data analysis capabilities
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics, customer journey analytics, and a desire to deepen your expertise in product and marketing analytics
- Experience with a modern data stack, including tools like dbt, Amplitude, Mixpanel, LookML, and BigQuery ML
- Comfort with JIRA and data scripting in Python or R
The recruitment compensation range for this position is $105,000-$120,000 CAD