At SALUS, our vision is a world without barriers to workplace safety. Our customers work in high risk industries like construction and we help them implement and operate effective safety programs. These programs are mission-critical and impact every employee who sets foot on a job site, affecting culture & morale, customer reputation and project outcomes.
Our SaaS platform combines a web app for real-time monitoring of daily operations with powerful reporting and dashboard capabilities, and a mobile app designed specifically for achieving the highest level of adoption amongst field-level workers.
SALUS is a well-funded, VC-backed startup with a light hearted and hard working culture that celebrates individual diversity and collective team work. We’ve built a solid customer base across North America, our users love us, and it shows with an impressive retention rate.
We are excited to get to know you. We are hiring a skilled Data Analyst / Report Writer. The right candidate will have a passion for collecting, documenting, and building valuable reports for clients and internal stakeholders. They will use tools like Looker to build well designed reports and dashboards, analyze data quality issues, create data models, views, and explore using LookML. This role will achieve success by providing actionable insights to enhance our services and improve client outcomes.
What You'll Do
- Design and build high value reports for clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure reports are understandable, accurate and useful.
- Build dashboards and reports using Looker, translating data into actionable insights.
- Analyze and identify potential sources of data quality issues, implementing solutions to ensure data integrity.
- Build and maintain data models, views, and explore using LookML in Looker, ensuring efficient data processing.
- Understand data mapping from source systems to the data warehouse, optimizing data flow and transformation processes.
What You Bring
- 2+ years of work experience in a Report Writing / Analyst role, preferably in a data-intensive environment.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and data structures.
- Proficiency in standard SQL queries, with the ability to write complex queries for data analysis.
- Experience with data analysis and creating compelling reports and visual dashboards using BI tools.
- Familiarity with tools like Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, or any other Business Intelligence platforms.
- Experience with modeling data using LookML (Looker’s modeling language) is a significant advantage.
- Degree or diploma in statistics or a related field is a plus.
- Experience in moving and processing data using Apache Airflow is highly desirable.
What We Offer
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment where your contributions will make a real impact.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development.
- A chance to work on innovative projects that solve critical industry challenges.
- Flexibility in work arrangements.
- Extended medical and dental benefits.