Data Analytics, Engineer
DialpadKitchener Waterloo, ONa month ago
Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conferencing calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With over $220 million in funding from OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, GV, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere!
About The Role
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join our Analytics team, which serves company-wide needs for reporting and analysis. This role will be focused on product analytics, enabling a high level of automation in the reporting and analysis we do on our own products. Our UCaaS (unified communications-as-a-service) products generate huge amounts of data, including telemetry, usage levels, settings for users and organizations, and feature adoption, for starters. Our Product Analytics group helps the Product team at Dialpad improve our offerings by learning what's working well for our customers, and where we can make enhancements to our products.
You’ve got strong technical skills, you’re humble, you’re eager to help, and you’ve got hustle. You make sure what you deliver to your stakeholders is on target, and you validate your results thoroughly, making sure everything you put out is something you’re proud to have your name on. You can also work with the Product Engineers team to understand how to interpret data coming from our systems, and how to transform it for use by our Analysts.
- Construction, automation, and maintenance of data pipelines
- Creation and maintenance of high-integrity data architecture in the enterprise data warehouse
- Reconciliation and investigation of data integrity issues, both inside and outside the products maintained by the Analytics team
- Ensure transparency of all data flows in the organization by making sure code and other deliverables are well-commented and easy to find
- Assisting the implementation of a cutting-edge data workflow management system
- Creation of scripts and light applications to increase productivity of the Analytics team
- Ad-hoc analysis; Collaborate with engineers and owners of related applications to communicate Analytics needs and ensure proper interpretation of source system data
- Minimum BA/BSc in Computer Science, Economics, Business, or other quantitative discipline
- MSc in Computer Science or Analytics, or other demonstrated advanced skills in computer science
- 3-5 years experience in Analytics or Data Engineering
- Good knowledge of web app design: models, controllers, views, routes, etc. (experience with Python web frameworks like Django, Flask, webapp2, or similar is a bonus, but knowledge of any web framework is acceptable)
- Highly proficient in SQL (BigQuery experience is a bonus)
- Experience with wide data varieties including CRM, finance, and assorted transactional/activity data from other production systems
- Proficient in Python; Experience with BI tools such as Domo, Tableau, PowerBI, or similar (Domo preferred)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a bonus
- Experience automating analytical workloads (ideally with Apache Airflow or similar)
- Strong curiosity about the business and a business value mindset on every project
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.