Ministry of Water, Land and Resource Stewardship
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
British Columbia’s Natural Resource Ministries are the stewards of the Province’s crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. In order to support the growth of the economy while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province’s NRMs are transforming to advance the shared management of British Columbia’s natural resources.
As a Data Architect, you will be a leader and technical expert that helps deliver the enterprise’s architecture in the domains of Business Architecture, Data Architecture and Solution Architecture. You will collaborate with staff and stakeholders to keep the architecture current in the face of emerging innovations and new government strategies. You will also be responsible for managing the design, integrity, availability and efficient use of data and information systems. In the role you will provide data analysis, data design, data modeling and data quality services to the Natural Resource Ministries including technical guidance, consultation, technology research, development and implementation on data standards and policy.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, or certification in computer science, resource management or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Experience must include:
- Experience developing, evaluating or managing data models.
- Experience working with relational database management systems.
- Experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience applying data management principles, practices and standards.
- Experience practicing data analysis or business analysis.
For more information and to apply online by February 7, 2023, please go to: