Data Engineer, Data Exchange
Altus GroupToronto, ON19 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
As part of the Data Exchange (DX) team spearheaded by the Director, Application Development, we are adding a Data Engineer in Toronto. Working with some of the best data sets in the real estate market, this is an exciting opportunity to help our business and our clients transform their use of data to power decisions. You will migrate, aggregate, organize and ingest data from various sources to ensure that the data can be accessed efficiently by our internal and external users and applications. You will balance your technical deliverables with internal client interaction to gain an in-depth understanding of how our Advisory services team uses our Data Exchange product.
Who you are
You are a Data Engineer with several years of experience storing, pipelining, and transforming data using various technologies. You are looking for an opportunity where you can work across teams, be a hands-on thought-leader and introduce best practices. You want to contribute technical expertise that will drive critical decisions to meet data access and reporting needs. You want to be part of building something new with high visibility across the organization and endless possibilities ahead as we continue to grow and scale. You want to play a critical role as you help implement and scale our collaborative vision for data.
What’s in it for you?
Unparalleled exposure and impact. Altus is investing in data. Our DataExchange application is ramping up to integrate with our new platform with untapped potential for generating revenue and innovating client solutions. Joining the DX team now is a chance to be part of an exciting evolution for the organization and an opportunity to be one of a select group of specialists focused on data. You will work alongside development, architecture, and product teams at the top of their game, solving complex data problems for internal and external clients, including top institutional organizations that use our DX product. This is an opportunity to make your mark and genuinely accomplish something exciting as we focus on defining and driving our data and SaaS strategy.
The latest technology, in leading-edge ways. Data is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively pursuing the latest iterations of modern technologies. Our stack encompasses AWS, Snowflake, Docker, REST APIs, Tableau, Pentaho, PowerBI, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB. You will be part of the team working with - and continuously evolving - this tech stack and our approach to data.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. Working in close collaboration with the DataExchange team, you will be part of a supportive and collaborative team with the structures, tools, and processes in place to support you. As we move from building to scaling, and we expand our data product applications, the opportunities to grow your skills, gain exposure, try new things, and make an impact will grow too.
Our new Data Engineer, Data Exchange will:
- Build. You will work on evolving our in-demand cloud product, DataExchange, contributing to the delivery of an appealing experience for a global audience of thousands transforming how they access, transform, and work with data.
- Grow. You will be mentored in your ability to define and implement strategy, and you will support junior and intermediate team members.
- Elicit, understand, and solve. You will work with the Advisory services team to understand technical and practical data analysis, aggregation, integration, and reporting needs.
- Analyze. You will create data pipelines, reports, visualizations, and extracts to support product and research needs. You will work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Try new things. You will take the initiative to research, test, and solve complex data engineering problems and big data storage.
Our new Data Engineer, Data Exchange will have:
- Hands-on experience. You have worked on building out and defining the functionality of a data product to meet the business needs of your clients. Ideally, you have end-to-end product experience and exposure contributing to a data strategy.
- The technical expertise. You have a broad range of data management, analysis, and visualization tools. You have experience using Python, Spark, and other ETL/ELT tools, proficiency with SQL, and Tableau, PowerBI, or other data visualization tools. You understand cloud Infrastructure, ideally AWS, and related systems for data storage & management. You have a devotion to evaluating and appropriately applying emerging and alternative technologies, languages, and frameworks.
- Drive. You show unlimited initiative and are highly capable of meeting deadlines. You can work autonomously, take direction as needed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are flexible, but process-focused and you have a high desire to expand your impact.
- A commitment to collaboration. You thrive in an Agile scrum environment, working across inter-disciplinary groups, including architects, developers, product, and management, to build great products. You have a way of speaking, writing, and relaying information that engages people and expresses appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!