Data Governance Specialist
The Data Governance Specialist is responsible for promoting and supporting the mobilization and business as usual needs of the Data Office and the data governance program. This position supports lines of business and corporate functions by providing guidance, advice, and direction on all matters related to SGI’s business-driven data governance program. The Data Governance Specialist acts as the primary point of contact and the face of the Data Office for all lines of business and corporate functions in relation to data governance.
Note: This section is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities – other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Champions Data Governance initiatives and assists in setting up the Data Governance Council framework with specific emphasis on the Data & Analytics Management Council (DMC).
- Provides hands-on guidance and support to all lines of business and corporate functions (engaging other Data Office team members as required) on Data Governance frameworks, policies, standards, processes, and leading practices necessary to implement and operate an effective data governance program.
- Develops positive, collaborative relationships with Data Stewards in lines of business and corporate functions through regular meetings and communications.
- Assists the Director, Data Strategy in the definition and support of the Data Management Framework and the Data Policy across the organization.
- Assists in the successful implementation and deployment of Data Governance tools.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with members of the Data Office team, the data stewardship community, and IT stakeholders to promote adoption of data management practices across the organization.
What You’ll Need
- 3 – 5 years’ directly related experience in data management
- Experience in the insurance industry is an asset.
- Four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study, such as Computer Science, Information Management, Business, or defined equivalency.
- Knowledge of best practice data governance initiatives, policy, and practices.
- Knowledge of data management principles, technical concepts, and tools (e.g., in relation to data lineage, data models, data quality, data risk control, data literacy, reference data management, metadata management, etc.).
- Knowledge of business and technology issues related to the management of information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Knowledge of data-related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
Because SGI is a great place to work. We value integrity, caring and innovation. We have an intentional culture that promotes trust and participation in a way that encourages employees to bring their hearts and minds to their work. Part of the SGI experience that our employees value most is their community of coworkers. The employee community isn’t the only reason our people stay at SGI; we also offer a wide range of benefits and invest in career development to meet the needs of our employees. Our benefits include.
- Vacation leave that increases with years of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual sick leave and paid parental, compassionate care, and family leave
- Dental, health, and vision care plans
- Life, disability, and optional accident insurance coverage
- Flexible spending and wellness account
- Employer contribution into pension plan and an annual employee service allowance payment.
- We embrace diversity, recognizing and celebrating our differences and our similarities. Our careers are as diverse as our employees.
Ready to Apply?
If this is the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for, tell us why you’re the right fit for this role. Learn more about our company, this job and what your future could look like at SGI by visiting www.sgi.sk.ca/careers.
Submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1st, 2023.