About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. Our customers love the thoughtful data schema and accompanying entity relationship diagram that Fivetran creates for every data pipeline. We’re looking for a Schema Design Specialist to accelerate and uplevel the intelligence, customization, and quality of our data schema. You will love this role if you are passionate about data, analytics, and making life better for data teams around the world.
The work is a fast-paced combination of crafting best practices, working with engineering and customers to ensure unmatched quality, and contributing to the creation of new tools to automate and accelerate schema design and diagram generation wherever possible. You will provide thought leadership to Fivetran’s product and engineering teams, our most important partners, and API builders everywhere. The role is perfect for a data practitioner who wants to think deeply about complex data challenges while executing to deliver tangible results. Training and mentorship are available to help round out your skill set.
This is a full-time position based out of our Toronto office with opportunities for remote work.
Technologies You'll Use
SQL, API (REST, GraphQL, etc.), Cloud Data Warehouses
What You'll Do
- Explore the core functionality of a wide variety of SaaS products
- Review API documentation (training available)
- Work closely with engineering to review and improve data schema design for Fivetran's 200+ connectors
- Collaborate with the product team to align schema design principles with analysts’ needs
- Help shape investments in tooling and automation, including identifying new opportunities
- Evolve our schema design principles and best practices
Skills We're Looking For
- Understanding of SQL or other data analysis tools (R, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Great data design excites you!
- Hands on experience working with varied data sets
- Familiarity with API concepts
- Structured thinking and communication
- Reliable organization and self-motivation with autonomy
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend