We are a rapidly growing, mission-driven company that helps businesses get started with AI by developing end-to-end AI-powered products and solutions. This is a fast-paced environment where we work quickly and creatively to build solutions for a variety of exciting and challenging problems for diverse clients. We’re a start-up: we’re moving fast and we’re working hard.
You’ll collaborate with a fun, caring, global team who believes in good engineering, honest and genuine relationships, good design, being nerdy, and taking pride in one’s work. You’ll be given a lot of opportunities to learn, teach, and progress in your career.
We’re humble, hungry, and smart. We hope you are too.
To be successful in the position, you need to:
- Deeply held passion for problem solving, math, software, and data science.
- Be curious (Fall in love with the data/problem) - take ownership of problems
- Be ethical, honest, trustworthy, and discrete
- Care and collaborate - be a team player
- Be calm under pressure
What are your top responsibilities?
- Extracting insights via rapid iterations of EDA
- Communicating insights effectively
- Cleaning and transforming datasets
- Training, optimizing and deploying models that provide business value
- Ensuring readability of code/notebooks
Skills/experience we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience with the following (Python, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow/PyTorch, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, SQL, Git, Linux/Command line, Conda environments, etc.)
- Formal academic training in math, statistics, software engineering, or similar - OR - an equivalent amount of hands-on experience and self-directed learning.
- Ability to explore patterns in data and find insights
- Ability to produce effective data visualizations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-sufficient/capable in terms of researching and finding answers to problems and roadblocks
- Good understanding of machine learning algorithms and when/why to apply them
- Good understanding of model evaluation
- Good back-end web development skills. We need you to be able to set up servers to handle inference requests.
- A well-rounded knowledge of modern development practices including version control systems, agile development methodologies, cloud servers and services, and so on.
Experience that would help you stand out:
- DevOps / cloud infrastructure, especially with GCP/Firebase and/or AWS, Azure
- Distributing workloads to compute clusters
- Experience with diversity of data science problems
- Experience with software development
Where is the location and what are the work hours?
Our team is distributed with members in Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, London, and Manila. This is a remote/global position, but with preference for Ontario, Canada.
We have two openings for a FT/PT employee/contract position, and are looking for candidates to start immediately.
To apply: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - and specify your openness to working FT/PT/Employee/Contract/Flex and your location. Attach a resume and please share with us some work you’ve done. We expect to hire someone as soon as possible.